This is the gadget for people who love their Hitachi Magic Wand (or suitable knockoff) so much that they want to buy it a pet. A sturdy controller that works in the same way as a light dimmer (except for your vagina), the Magic Wand Controller is, like the Magic Wand itself, a device built for one purpose that is commonly used for another.
Read more after the gap.
- - -
Sold by edgy industrial zap-your-balls product manufacturer Extreme Restraint, the Magic Wand Controller is a solid little device into which you plug your Magic Wand, thus allowing couples, or just you, to use the knob control to smoothly vary the speed. The Magic Wand, you see, was originally marketed as a massager for back pain, and has only two settings.
The Hitachi Magic Wand has become the Kitchen Aid of necessary adult toys. I believe Vassar gives them out in its freshman orientation package.
Similar to when skincare product Skin So Soft was co-opted as a mosquito repellant, the Magic Wand Controller is like a device you'd attach to the Skin So Soft can that would allow you to target and kill mosquitoes.

Q. But what if I like frilly pink things?
Between the Magic Wand and its Controller, that's a lot of wires and hardware. It should also be stressed that the Controller is not really a remote control device in the way we consider something being hands-free. I suspect, though, that the heavy machinery might be a turn-on for couples interested in the gadgetry and the parceling out of pleasure by another (around my house we're much more goal-oriented. Our battle cry is "Oh I'll do it myself.")
Altogether the Magic Wand Controller is a worthy device, short on cuteness but long on practicality. And when you're done with the Magic Wand, you can plug your blender into it. (Note: The Hitachi Magic Wand is sold separately.)
· Buy the Magic Wand Controller (extremerestraints.com)

Previously: Marital Aid Test Kitchen Archive

More...