I am indian student working on his phd in the US. i was flying out to a conference in providence when this happened: it was a very early morning flight and i was the only "brown" passenger. i was promptly stopped and taken aside for "additional screening". Since i intended to be away for a while, i had a lot of documents with me and agents immediately found 1) student id 2) conference invitation 3) confirmed tickets ahead 4) passport/us visa 5) originals of my bachelors and masters degrees 6) a formal letter from registrar verifying my student status right in my handbag. they continued with their search as others walked by.. interrogating me like a criminal. I HAD IN MY POSSESSION A HANDWRITTEN LETTER THAT I HAD WRITTEN TO MYSELF SOMETIME AGO THAT SAID I WAS GIVING UP MY HINDU FAITH IN FAVOR OF ATHEISM AND SAYING THAT I SHOULD NOT BE CREMATED AS A HINDU SHOULD SOMETHING HAPPEN. this letter was very personal and hated to answer q's on it. i have the officers names; shud i complain?

what i am saying is that after finding those 6 documents, there was probably no reasonable grounds for thinking i was a terrorist; but they decided to open my big bag and pull out and question every item; is it realistic that someone would bomb a flight to providence???? of all places??? the only reason they could have gone on and on was race... dont you think so?