Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    kenafpureblade

How can I disable torrents on a network?

First of all, I'll start with this: my roommate hates me.

So we're sharing a DSL connection between three people (but multiple computers). In my experience, I know that anytime anyone runs a torrent program on any network, it kills the bandwidth of the network to the point where it is barely usable at times.

My roommate however, does use torrents, and won't listen to reason. I am using AT&T DSL, and have a 2wire Wireless Gateway model 2700HG-B. I know I can open up the admin page by visiting gateway.2wire.net in a browser, but I have been unsuccessful in finding a solution to our problem.

What can I do to make the internet work again while he uses torrents, or otherwise how can I disable torrent usage all together? I would just pull the plug on his computer, but he also uses the wireless internet to download torrents.. if I disable that, then my other roommate gets kicked off the net.

bobdaMoFobuildr
    soo thats why my internets so slow!! i hate having my cable disconnected >.<!!!!

Unregistered

Launch the official BitTorrent client. If you don't have it installed yet, you can

Click "Options" in the top menu bar.

Select "Preferences." A new window will appear.

Type "0" in the box next to "Maximum upload rate," listed under "Bandwidth."

Close the window. The BitTorrent client will now restrict uploads from your computer.

Unregistered

Devil lol

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Launch the official BitTorrent client. If you don't have it installed yet, you can

Click "Options" in the top menu bar.

Select "Preferences." A new window will appear.

Type "0" in the box next to "Maximum upload rate," listed under "Bandwidth."

Close the window. The BitTorrent client will now restrict uploads from your computer.
    nice joke