Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    mountainwindcat

Do girls really play video games?

Do girls really play video games?

petrapan
    of course... girls like play video games, but normally games like supermario, donkey kong, the sims... not belic games

serialproject
    Affirmative! I was at two large interactive entertainment industry shows this year and it is very clear that women are very big on gaming. MANY/MOST do not enjoy blowing things up or shooting their friends and opt for parlor/puzzle games.Strong video games with women following include the Sims series.Having done the anime convention tours, MANY girls under 20 enjoy anime based/RPG games.Many girls of all ages in Japan are big on video games.There is a growing number of women working in the video game industry.Finally, you should read the blog of a girl gamer: gamegirladvance.com to get a feel for what a proud, hardcore female gamers is like.

smileegurl
    I'm a girl and I'm like obsessed with videogames. I love Final Fantasy, which I'm currently playing. My friend's all find me wierd though...

SpongeBob Saxpants
    Yes. My sister owns a football game and a few other games.

Janet
    i love video games! in college, i was crazy about starcraft/broodwar, and had a brief but all-consuming addiction to quake. the past few years, i've been more of an xbox kinda girl -- my latest obsessions are fable and jade empire, though i'll never get enough halo.of course, most people would consider me to be somewhat of an unusual case.

steveuci
    You bet! A very cute and well-dressed girl that you'd never suspect to play games has invited me to a Halo 2 party. Starts in about 10 minutes, see ya!

zoom (aka Hanley)
    Use. 3 out of 4 users on Pogo.com are female. Lots of girls play Sims. Many of the non tradiational game types attract a lot of girls. Dance dance revolution. There are even lots of girls playing World of Warcraft now a days.

jenovajojo
    You must be kidding me. Which planet are you living on.I've been a hardcore gamer since I was 6, and knew what games were. Ever since I got my first Nintendo, I went on to buy the Sega Genesis, Game gear, Gameboy color, PS, PS2 and gamecube.I have way over 500 games. I play games for at least 4 hours a day, and I can go through more than two nights without eating and just playing a game.I'm addicted to gaming. I breathe, live and sleep gaming. I play from RPG, to Action, to Platform-shooters.I love gaming and know most of the games and characters within them that I play so intimately I constantly go online and write fanfics, online rpg stories, talk to other gamers and I've designed several game layouts on my own - the character art, the game dynamics, and so on, and incorporated them experimentally in game platforms like RPG maker ever since it first came out on the PS.I've been buying game magazines like PSM and EGM even before 1997. I have a whole stack of them. Even the old EGM2 and Expert gamers EGM used to publish.I draw anime, manga, real life and create my own character sketches with great relish.I study 3D animation and Games Design at an Art & Tech Institute, and am at my 2nd year. I've previously had a diploma in Character Design at a Game Design Academy.And I'm going to make the future games you and your kids are going to play.Any more questions?