Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    MNL_1221

"West Side Story" as a party theme...?

Jamie Foxx was on Conan O'Brien or some late-night talk show last night. Foxx's 40th birthday was coming up, and he was throwing a party with the theme "New Jack City", his favorite movie. Well, "West Side Story" is my favorite musical and movie. My 50th birthday was last December, and though I haven't had the big party yet, I'm still thinking of doing it.

So...with a "West Side Story" the theme, how would you handle the party: food and cake, decorations, clothing, music, etc.?

nicky_gfhofmc
    good idea.best movie ever!!!!

Oriana T
    Everyone dressed up as Jets and Sharks and since it's your theme you and your hubby can be Maria and the other guy (sorry forgot the name)... Your food can be latin and american or latin-american.. good luck and have fun!!!

oh yeah and for your goodie bags you can give away the movie to all of your guests!

Chechi
    that's an awesome idea...

jttsb_8 (jeff)
    idk.....!!!west-side!!!

jennie m
    well have the sound track playing & have the guys dressed as Jets & it'll pretty much take care of it self from there, lol