Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Mo C

Phantasmagoria will it work for Vista at all?

Is there any way possible for it to work with Vista. I have DOSbox but I kinda need somebody to walk me through this..

Unregistered
    I have vista and got Phantasmagoria 2 working, I don't know yet about the original Phantasmagoria. As far as P2, when I first installed it, it was a bust. But I found a patch online that seemed to do the trick... Phatasmagoria 2

Unregistered
    squirtthecat.com/games/phantasmagoria_2/index.html

Unregistered
    I had previously mentioned about Phantasmagoria II, but I tried installing Phantasmagoria (the first) onto my vista machine, and it wouldn't even install. I have found a German Installer for windows xp that seems to be doing the trick. At least it's letting me install the game now. I just downloaded it, ran it from my desktop, fumbled my way through the German buttons, and then it started asking me for my Phantasmagoira disks (in English), after that, it asked me to put the disks in again (I had to keep telling where to locate, my dvd drive). It put the entire 7 cds onto my hard drive. Other than having to rename the program buttons to read in English, it's working fine. I am once again playing Phantasmagoria I on my Vista machine.

blog.coaster.de/modules/PDdownloads/singlefile.php?cid=5&lid=25

Unregistered

P2

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I have vista and got Phantasmagoria 2 working, I don't know yet about the original Phantasmagoria. As far as P2, when I first installed it, it was a bust. But I found a patch online that seemed to do the trick... Phatasmagoria 2
    I also downloaded this installer and got the game to boot but I can't see any of the images after the first cut scene unless I tab to another window but once I tab back to P2 it goes to black

Unregistered

Phantasmagoria one

For Phantasmagoria the original i also downloaded that German patch. But after getting the drain cleaner for Don in the chap. 2 when I went into the barn it had a major error every single time.. So I wouldn't waste my time with that German one...

Unregistered
    Cool I can post a reply! I googled this because I have Windows 7 Pro 64 bit and my computer spits the German Phantasmagoria back at me like a baby being fed strained squash...

The German installer worked flawlessly for me in 32 bit Windows XP(no crashes, no errors, any resolution worked fine), but even if I use the compatibility tool still Windows 7 spits it up and laughs about it.

Oh well, I've got 3 old computers all running XP, so for me it's a non-issue. I don't recommend upgrading to Windows 7 w/o having a machine(or dual boot) with XP on it anyway. Windows 7 is still too new, and just like XP back in 2001/2002, it's having it's bugs/issues. In 2002 Windows XP would totally reject any and all attempts of mine to install Tomb Raider 2 through 5(for example), but after the 2nd service pack it had no problem. I imagine 7 will be about the same.

As for Vista, I consider myself wise to have just avoided it altogether; my stepdaughter's Dad bought her a laptop with it installed, and it's okay... I suppose... but no thanks.

So my advice is dual boot with 32 bit XP on one partition(or HD), or have a 2nd computer with XP for older games, especially if you upgraded to 64 bit like I did. You can put together a machine to run XP on for very little money, especially if you know where to look for used/unwanted parts.