Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    ♣Kermit the Frog♣

(Quick, Please help!) Sales Assistant Duties?

Argh i've lost my CV file, so having to remake it, But my minds gone blank on what duties i did as a sales assistant

It was working at Primark (was 15, so couldnt use cash tills/dressing rooms ) Any help on what things i should include?

T C
    re stocking & tidying displays. General house- keeping duties. Assisting customers.

John S
    As a sales assistant you would offer a friendly and helpful service to customers. Assistants work behind a counter or move around the shop floor, offering advice and information. You might be responsible for re-stocking cleaning and tidying and arranging goods. You may have to deal with a complaint about a faulty product or provide advice about some of the services offered by the store. Other duties include operating tills, taking payments for goods and arranging delivery for large items such as furniture. If you would like to work as a sales assistant you should be able to work within a team, have a genuine interest in people, be confident when dealing with difficult and sometimes unexpected situations, have a smart appearance with a polite and helpful manner, have good mental arithmetic skills, be comfortable using computerised equipment such as cash tills and have plenty of stamina.

Work Conditions

Sales assistants usually work from 37 - 40 a week including weekends and or evenings. Part-time work is easily available. You will need to be able to stand for long periods and lift or move stock. Many stores provide a uniform. Most – but not all – shops are warm and well lit.

Additional Information

Retail is a massive - and growing - industry. There are shops and stores of all shapes and sizes, from small independent shops (such as newsagents or pet shops), to larger department stores. Opportunities can be found across the country. Promotion prospects can be excellent, particularly in larger organisations committed to staff training.

Duisend-poot
    Only thing i can think of is that you love working with people. That you are always on time and considerate.

pirate_princess
    customer service, willingness to help others, keeping place tidy?

cornyginger
    answering queries from shoppers
    getting items from stock room
    keeping the store tidy and presentable
    making sure the aisles were kept clear for health and safety reasons
    making sure sections looked well presented and showed off the stock to its best advantage
    disposing of any discarded litter
    making sure baskets were available for customers to use
    helping tidy stock room
    making sure toilets were tidy and well presented
    helping customers find different sections within the store

dontyaknow
    keepin sttore organized ....assiting customers needs....greeting customers ....being a team player ...ehh good?