My dad is never proud of me! !?

V

vet2b.alex

my dad was in the millatary so yeah he is kind of mean.
i have dislexcya ( i gess you can tell i cant spell anything!)
and i have a hard time in school. my advige is allways a 78% or so. this semester I got grades 85-100% . i ran home to tell him and he says "SO" THATS ONLY 1 class " U STILL HAVE 4 WEEKS TO GO! IT MIGHT GO DOWN"! .

I have Allways wanted a dogs sence I was 5. Ever sinse I have been asking for one. I have been clean the house makeing dinner and trying really hard to show that im responsable. and HE DOEST NOTICE!!! HE says "YOUR NOT GETTING A DOG YOU NEED TO START SHOWING SOME RESPOCEABLTY! AROUND HERE" Is it me or is my dad Horable help me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Being in the military...I think your dad has difficulty expressing himself. But he loves you...he just does not know how to show it.

I am a dad to two grown kids. I'd be proud of you.

Did you ever think that dad needs a complete battery of psychological tests for behavioral and emotional disorders, administered by a good psych. clinic ? From what you say, he is a very destructive force in your life.

STOP EXPECTING HIM TO CHANGE< STOP EXPECTING APPROVAL

learn to self- approve and to love yourself.

Somwday, he'lll truly regret how he's treated you. Meanwhile do ethical things, be a moral person, do your best. Martin Luther King said be the best street sweeper you can if you sweep streets. That means, what ever you do in life, do it to the best of your ability. Be proud of how far you've come.

I had my head bashed in many years ago when I taught in a rough inner city high school and have some brain scarring, which has also resulted in not seeing some spelling mistakes, even with spellcheck, and my comprehension is way down.

If people want to judge me, they are letting me know that I do not want to be their friend. Period. MY friends are non-judgmental and kind people.

Years ago, I thought if I were nice, everyone would like me,. WRONG>
remember Cinderella~~~

Be very good to yourself, and the rest will take care of itself. Be good to others, but never allow abuse, because once they abuse you, they will always abuse you.

Dad in your case is a sick man, probably from his military experiences. Tell him that he needs those test and evaluations so he can be a better roll model for you and to be kinder to himself....but tell him FIRST you are worried about him that he is so unhappy that he needs these tests for his own Good.

Hon I am glad you brought your grades up.Keep working on them(and your spelling lol) but do it for YOURSELF not to impress him.
After a yr or so I am sure he will say something or at least when you graduate he will tell you he is proud of you.I'm not even related to you and I'm proud of you that you brought your grades up in such a short time1Hang in there hon!

It seems like your going thru a very hard time. Is something on his mind? You could talk to your mom about it. I know, I'm not a big help.

Back