Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
+ Reply to Thread
    louise71594

18 year old arrested for murdering his entire family; what is going on here??

This is not the 1st time this has happened, and obviously it will be the last, but what on earth is going that our young people are taking the lives of their entire family members, over what; money, discipline, "you can't drive the car this week",etc.

This story like all the others really baffles me because this young man has issues that surely needs to be addressed, but now he faces the possibility of not only life in prison, but maybe even death. Is this the answer? What happened that would make him commit such a horrific act of violence towards his own??

I read that he apparently had moved back home, after breaking up with girlfriend. Neighbors and other family members are stunned by his actions.

Your comments/thoughts are welcome, and here is a link to the story; This happened in Easly, South Carolina,

If you don't know about the story, please read it before you comment, thanks

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24340958/
    I apologize for the error in my first sentence, I meant to say "it will probably not be the last time this happens. It was also disturbing to hear that this young mans brother was hiding behind the clothes dryer, when his brother went on this rampage, unfortunately he was killed too.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It is hard to tell what made this 18 year old crack. From what I read in your link the police are not giving much information. Our country is getting more violent. We have children killing parents and families, we have mothers killing babies.

Who knows where the answer is or what to do to make it better? I know I have no answers. I am afraid there is going to be a lot more of this kind of thing.

It is frightening and it is sad.

Junior Member JenniferOverworked's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Eeeehh... It is really sad. We all hope that it will be the last, I think kids these days are way too spoiled (not to sound like an old person, no offense). You have to teach them when their young, if they're 18 already, it's a little too late for that.
    It may not be the teen's problem though, if he has social problems and was simply too frustrated, it's... well... not understandable because of course... you know.

grumples
    that's awful, particularly the 14year old boy hiding and then getting shot.

i don't agree with the death penalty but i think life should mean life....not out after 10years of good behaviour. Intense psychotherapy would be a good idea. It would be very interesting to find out what his reasons were for taking 4 lives (especially considering they were family and they had just welcomed him back home after the break up)

what a waste of 4, actually 5, lives if you include the murderer who has now ruined his own life too!

+ Reply to Thread