Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    hackeyfan

Puppy Whining All Night, even when im there?!?

My new puppy (2 months old) whines ALL night, i have moved his crate to right beside my bed so he can see me, when starts whining or making noise i move my hand closer so he can smell me, but other than that i do my best to ignore it.

is there something else i can do? if its been a while since he was up i take him out for a pee, but if he doesn't go -it's back to the crate and the whining.

I have a sweate in there, but as i said, im right beside him, he can see me.

Is this just seperation from litter? (this is my 2nd night with him) how long will this last? any other suggestions on things to do?

Downloads
    Uploads
    This is VERY common for a new pup that is use to mom and litter mates to whine in a crate. You MUST ignore it! If you touch or reward the dog with attention (even a hand, etc) you are rewarding the whining and it will take longer to break.

Sometimes putting the crate in another room helps you both. Out of site out of mind for the dog and you can sleep! Or a substitute "mom" like a stuffed animal.

Give him something to do, maybe a stuffed kong?

It takes time, be patient. Other times, crate training might not be best for your pup... All a personal decision. I have done both, it isnt for all dogs. My 15 yr old wont go inside anything, however my last one had to have it for security!