Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Artemis

Really bad panic attack, afraid of choking, can't sleep - sleep apnea?

I really need help.. I keep having bad anxiety and a constant fear of choking - it feels like I can't even swallow my saliva and when I do I fear breathing it in. I can't relax my throat, eating and drinking is hard (let alone taking a sleeping pill).

I'm worried also that I might have sleep apnea because I wake up exhausted no matter how much sleep I get.. or maybe this is just part of my anxiety. I have bad insomnia too.

How do you relax your throat? Can anyone help me? i know it might sound crazy but I really need some advice
    sometimes I feel like my anxiety causes me to confuse myself and makes me more likely to choke on things.. i know it's irrational and i wish I knew how to stop it..

ginger
    I doubt it is really your throat. It is your neck muscles tightening up, that gives you the impresion you cannot swallow.
    I had it recenly mysef, for about 3 days.( but I was withdrawing off a med the dr told me to stop). It is anxiety.
    All you can do, is rub the back of your neck. I never tried ben gay, but I bet it would work.