How is a yorkie ..far as personality..and being around kids..and other dogs?

If I ahve EVER hated a dog...it would be my Yorkie :p

She was HORRIBLE to house train, is in NO WAY easy to train, she is always greasy and forever has to go to the groomers, AND she yaps ALL THE TIME!!!

I have seen many Yorkies be good pets, and she is cute, good with the dogs, and loves people. I think we just got bad luck ^^ lol (and she was expensive, good breeding etc.)

Everyone loves her when they first see her, but take her home for a day or two and you would change your mind :p

I would just look into it, maybe see in a beeder would be willing to let you "try out" a dog for a week or so. (you give her half, or a down payment if you don't like the dog you get your money back and she gets the dog back xD)

Hope that helped,a nd I was only giving my experience with Yorkies...but I think we just got bad blood lol (her sisiter isn't much better except she was easy to potty train lol)

Getting another dog when you have a baby, and a BC that's about to become adolescent? Hope you're ready. I don't recommend getting a Yorkie with such a young child in the house. Small dogs are made from tissue paper and pipe cleaners, and the frenetic antics of a toddler can kill a fragile dog.

Not the right breed! These are little nervous dogs and small children are too rough with them and don't understand how delicate they can be. They may become bitey under those circumstances. Get a dog breed book. There are smaller dogs that are hardier and better with kids.

Back