Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Silly_me:)

Im in my mid-30s..and still have not found my mr. right..should i be worried?

I am in my mid 30s, financially independent, not bad looking and easy to get along with. People always say that you just have to wait for Mr. Right to come along..but right now I am starting to worry...The funny thing is with the new age tech wherein you can talk to people in every corner of the world, it should up everyone's chances to meet the right one.. Unfortunately, it also increases our chances of meeting a lot of wrong ones.. What to do huh.. oh well, who knows maybe my Mr. Right will answer this.. or someone who knows him lol.. Oh and to clarify, I am worried but I am not desperate. Anyway, considering my age.. how worried should I be if I should be worried at all. Thanks guys.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am also in my mid 30s, and haven't found Mr Right either. My friends thought they had found him at some point, but are getting divorced/breaking up. I'm not too worried about finding him. I am content being on my own for the foreseeable future. If you're anything like me, you've kissed a lot of frogs, but none of them have been princes. Never settle for Mr Wrong!

Downloads
    Uploads
    well, I am 27 now, I have had my share of mr wrongs and wasted my time when mr right was watching me be stupid with the other guys. I even had a bf propose and I said no, now he is gone. You just made me feel better about myself, I thought there was something wrong with me because I thought I was too old and used, but I realise there is other ppl like me wondering where the time went. hope mr right falls into your lap.

angel
    girl, If you want, try to read...The Secret.... It can help you..

Good luck

Junior Member jennifer_rojas_cc's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Watch the movie "The Wedding Date"....that will make you feel so wonderful about yourself. Email me when you rent/watch it. It makes you feel like you can find someone. Don't stress. Women in their 30s are very sexy. I am 20. But I have seen some good 30 year olds.... Just exercise and keep yourself fit (not appearance wise, I mean health wise) and that will make you feel better.

ivelisse
    Hey, is that you Veronica? Just kidding!

Don't you know there is no Mr. Right?! You should be looking for Mr. Right Now.

I am in the same situation as you (I'll be 38 in a month or two). I can only find Mr. No Money, Mr. Crappy Credit, Mr. No Job, Mr. Drama King, Mr. Divorced-With-10-Kids-From-Different-Mothers, and the list goes on and on... I have settled for Mr. Right Now and who knows, I might find Mr. Right-For-Me when I least expect it. He might even be Mr. Right Now...

Just remember, don't feel pressured into marrying just because you feel you have to. I did marry (and divorced!) Mr. Wrong because I felt the pressure (of society, of family, of my biological clock...)

My friend Veronica, who I mentioned earlier, it's so desperate that she only finds Mr. Wrong and when she meets someone who might be Mr. Maybe, she scares them away. Even her profile info sounds mean and bitter.

Good luck!

...and if you find Mr. Right, ask him if he has a heterosexual brother who might also be a Mr. Right for me...

Downloads
    Uploads
    i dont say u should be worried , bt yes, its the time for u to take up the matter seriously . i too hope ur Mr. Right is reading this.
    N nw to Mr. Right , if u feel she's ur Ms. Perfect then tell it out openly eh (!)

Ben H
    Hi. It sounds like you have a legitimate concern especially if you are ever planning on mothering children... however this should never be used as a basis to justify getting married to the next man that walks in to your life.

It is difficult to really say without actually meeting you. You have to ask yourself why you haven't found 'mr. right'. Perhaps you've been unlucky with your dating experiences. Perhaps you are too picky. Maybe there is something that men are turned off by you or maybe they are intimidated by a strong and good looking woman who is independent. It is really hard to say.

One thing I know for sure is that those who sit back and wait for the right person to walk into their life are usually let down. You have to be proactive when you are searching for something and if this means meeting some people by getting out more or going online then it has to happen. You can't win if you don't invest (you can't lose either but you may lose in the long run if you never find anyone...)

Are you dead set on finding someone? Living life alone in my opinion is much better than living it with the spouse from hell. At least you can make your own decisions. I'm not trying to scare you I am only making sure that you understand that you have every right to be selective and if you aren't ready to commit then no one says that you have to.

**Mama needs some luvin**
    i'm in the same situation...in my profession (hairstylist), u'd think being around so many men (clients, not stylists) d have met him b now, but i haven't.maybe we're being too picky

Shadow
    enjoy life ! you will meet mr right when your not expecting it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast