Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Boyfriend who's addicted to Call of Duty on xbox?

So, my boyfriend is so amazingly addicted to Call of Duty, and if we are ever at his house he's playing it. How can I get him to get off it when I'm there?! Yeah I know I can seduce him, which I do, and it works great, but then when things are over, he'll go right back to playing it! lol. So I try to avoid going to his house cuz of it, but then he gets mad at me and complains about how he ALWAYS comes to my house, and how expensive it is to fuel his truck driving to and fro. So, what is it I can say or do, other than a breakup threat, to get him to stop playing it?!

Unregistered

Fed up!

Honey, I do not know how old you are or how old the boyfriend is, but this is what I am going through and I am 42, and have a husband who goes down in the basement to play this game
    all the time.. and he even skipped work today to do it! Quite frankly at this age, I am FED UP. He will be nice to me and then go down and play for a few hours, come back up and be nice again, and that does include sex sometimes, and then he goes back downstairs. We have an expensive home, he has a good job with Boeing, and we have 3 kids all over the age of 18 ,one boy of 21 in the USAF, and two girls (19 & 20) living with us -the 20 year old daughter has a brand new adorable baby girl, so we are now grandparents.

I have had many arguments over the years about a man being so self centered that he has to play his video games and not do anything else. I am told by my spouse that his work is really upsetting him, and we have our, mother-in-law, 19 year old daughter,and daughter here with the baby,a nd he is the only bread winner (which I appreciate due to my disability) so, yeah I can understand the pressure he is under-but whoa there has got to be limits on the game playing!

I am warning you now and any other woman who reads this post: Find someone else! I understand hobbies, but these (guys) who can't learn to leave it alone for very long- for quality time with us, or the kids, or an outing or even a date, are ADDICTED /and or deppressed, and that is bad-just like drugs. Honey, save yourself the headache, and marriage & child rearing woes for the rest of your life-find someone else!

Unregistered

Get Out Now!!

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Honey, I do not know how old you are or how old the boyfriend is, but this is what I am going through and I am 42, and have a husband who goes down in the basement to play this game
    all the time.. and he even skipped work today to do it! Quite frankly at this age, I am FED UP. He will be nice to me and then go down and play for a few hours, come back up and be nice again, and that does include sex sometimes, and then he goes back downstairs. We have an expensive home, he has a good job with Boeing, and we have 3 kids all over the age of 18 ,one boy of 21 in the USAF, and two girls (19 & 20) living with us -the 20 year old daughter has a brand new adorable baby girl, so we are now grandparents.

I have had many arguments over the years about a man being so self centered that he has to play his video games and not do anything else. I am told by my spouse that his work is really upsetting him, and we have our, mother-in-law, 19 year old daughter,and daughter here with the baby,a nd he is the only bread winner (which I appreciate due to my disability) so, yeah I can understand the pressure he is under-but whoa there has got to be limits on the game playing!

I am warning you now and any other woman who reads this post: Find someone else! I understand hobbies, but these (guys) who can't learn to leave it alone for very long- for quality time with us, or the kids, or an outing or even a date, are ADDICTED /and or deppressed, and that is bad-just like drugs. Honey, save yourself the headache, and marriage & child rearing woes for the rest of your life-find someone else!
    Get out now! I have a boyfriend that is also addicted to Call of Duty on the XBOX. He is so nice to me when I see him, which is not very often. He thinks he is making up for playing the game. We have no sex, no conversation, no dates. He does buy me things sometimes. It is ridiculous!

Unregistered

me to

wow, i am going through the same thing, call of duty 4! all day its like hes glued to the tv. there is nothing i can do , it is like hed rather be playing a game then be with me .. i wish i new a way to stop it these xboxs are ruining my entire relationship.

Unregistered
    Okay, uh Its Call Of Duty 4 ! HEELLOO And get ready for tomorrow cuz the new one's coming out lol

I mean, psh, screw children, it is way better to go and killl people lmfao

Haha, just kidding, im not addicted, I do play a lot, but don't really ignore my girlfriend(s) to play Call Of Duty ....

Unregistered

blah

OH MY GOD, my boyfriend has actually told me that i am not allowed to go around his when hes playing... because i 'distract' him. His xbox broke over the summer, and i have to say it was GREAAT. ARGHHH ANNOYED!!

Amarylis

Hammer2

my fiance is playing the new Call Of Duty, and he is completly addicted to it. I just left his place because I woke up a bit early before I had to go to work and he was still playing it. It was 7am! We watched our shows and then he went straight to the game. not to mention he was palying it before the shows even though i was there. when i brought it up with him this morning when i was leaving he told me he was up because of insomnia. that dosn't stop him from cuddling a bit before I fall asleep. He wass trying to get to bed before I noticed too. He has no job and is barely looking, lives with his mom and I might be pregnant :'( I feel for every one who has lost there man to this game.

Unregistered

My husband is way too addicted

My husband is addicted to COD on XBOX Live, he just went to bed after playing for 10 hours straight. He looked like a zombie and had nothing to say about me being upset over this. He ruined our plans for today because he will be in bed til about 8 o'clock tonight because of being up all night playing this game.

He has a horrible attitude and his sense of humor is completely gone. (He used to be so light-hearted and happy-go-lucky.) The game has completely robbed him of those traits. We argue a lot, this game is basically putting a wedge between our marriage and I am going to try and talk with him again for the millionth time about how his addiction to this game is bothering me. This game addiction is so bad that if the talk I plan to have with him doesn't work then next week I am looking into staying with a friend until he thinks about what is really important to him.

I wish he would have never bought that game. We have had 3 straight years of marital bliss and this game came along and I am completely unhappy in this marriage. He plays everyday after work from 5:30 to about midnight, and now that he is on vacation it has turned into an all night thing for him. I don't understand it, because I am not a bad wife, I'm not a nagging wife so I have no idea why he is so addicted to this game and letting it put a wedge between us.

My advice to you, get out of this relationship. Don't let it get more serious. If my husband were actually my boyfriend then I don't think I would still be with him. At least take some time apart.

Unregistered

lost my x to xbox

Wow...this is an epedemic. My x just got internet just so he can talk trash while playing, which he often does naked after I've seduced him. He's replaced all his real friends with Call of Duty friends, some of which he plans on traveling thousands of miles to visit someday. Whatever gets him out the house is cool I guess. He stayed inside so long, other than going to the grocery store, that his hair grew too long for him to feel comfortable in public on New Years. Thank heavens he got it cut before the year ended. I wish I could make his New Years resolutions..

Unregistered

Headphones

wow this is terrible a guy that use to play call of duty im glad im not addicted to it...i really wish yall's significant other could see what that game is doing to your relationship but for them to be wrapped up is like horrible.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast