Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Unregistered

Band Aid

My boyfriend i had been dating for just about a year when he got Black Ops and a wii. He would go to work and get home at 6:30 and wouldn't text me back saying hi until 9:30 some nights if at all. He stopped talking to me, and then we'd go over his house, and he want to do nothing but play that. He taught me how to play and it's really not that great at all. He dumped me the other week because he said he really didn't know me anymore and we barely spoke. Hmm, maybe that's because you are just way too busy playing COD to even look at the text that says i think we should talk more.

Unregistered
    Not good news for all you ladies! Call of Duty is the most addictive things us men have come across in the modern day. Its like electronic cocaine. It almost as unproductive as having a bad drinking habit but it sucks up a ton more time. The best part is that no game you play is ever the same. The online play is the most addictive part. Its always different and the outcome is a direct result of you getting better AND it never ever ends. The new features/weapons/maps/modes that they add with each new iteration makes it that much more addicitive and pleasing to play. These gaming companies will keep feeding our needs with down loadable content to bridge the addiction till the next release.

With that said, playing 8 to 10 hours day forgoing duties and social aspects is a problem. Nagging/bitching will not work either as it will only re-inforce the fact that he needs to become even more of a recluse. This thought goes across each and every mans mind, "God, I only have to last a bit longer and she will go to sleep/work. I can take this cause I'll forget any of the guilt I had as soon as Im online." OR "Thanks GOD she has gone to sleep/work, now I can finally get back to playing without a distraction".

The best thing is that these game companies keep pumping out these games on a 1 to 2 year cycle. Now that black ops is out, Moder Warfare 3 should be on its way. There are other gaming giants (i.e. EA) that are also jumping into the mix to further the addiction. The epidemic will only baloon.

Good luck ladies.........."Incoming Napalm Stike".......KABOOOOOOOM......Triple Kill.

COD has stolen my BF
    Me and my BF just got back together and he can be a sweet heart when we see eachother. But as soon as he gets home from school, he goes STRAIGHT for COD. i txt him to say hey and he wont text bak for hours. I dont get wat the big deal is? I played and it instantly bored me and im horrible at it. He talks about it with his friends 24/7. should i confront him? or just let him be a guy?

get him help

Currency Dollar Games are addictive for profit, not his fault

Throw the damn XBox out the window girls and break the game disc! Get him therapy! that game fucks with peoples head and it's addictive like gambling he's playing a game that is based off of killing people so he will not be sentimental as he used to be.The reason why is that is he hasn't been thinking about his values and morals in life when the only thought in his head is to kill or be killed because the game requires so much concentration. He's also running off of adrenaline. (hence the reason his hands are cold and has fewer eating and bathroom breaks) Get him help a proper addiction breaking professional before he screws your relationship up and ends up cutting years off his lifespan. (constant adrenaline isn't good for the body)

Unregistered
    im actually sitting in my boyfriends room while he is playing call of duty, I have been here for like an hour and he hasn't said a single word to me. I wish he was nice to me when he wasn't playing but even then he bitches about "stupid" deaths he got in the game. and when he dies he freaks out, throws his controller and takes it out on me like all day. its so stupid!

Unregistered
    First off, let me just start by saying I am sorry to EVERYONE that is putting up with this. I'm in this horrible boat as well, and I know it sucks.
    I had no idea it was such a huge issue.
    My boyfriend isn't exactly a lazy guy, he gets done what he needs to get done, and he's good to me. HOWEVER, this is only half of him. The other half is a flaming demon sleeping within the bowels of his xbox, only to be awakened once he wears the mystical soul-changing headset of anger and remorse.
    I once thought I had clever solutions. It appears that sexual advances either don't work or have temporary solutions.
    I am willing to bet money, that as he sits here and plays this atrocity as I am typing, I could get up, drop my pants, and take a dump on his floor and he would not even blink.
    God speed ladies.

Unregistered
    Black ops is for retards!!

Unregistered

xbox junkie

Welcome to the story of my life.
    My boyfriend is completly and totally addicted.
    He even goes and waits on long lines at midnight to receive the games early.
    I feel like he chooses it over me.
    I have threatened to break up with him, told him how I felt, even tried seducing him.
    Absolutely nothing works.
    He says that all I do is complain, or he says "your guna breakup with me because I'm playing a game"
    He makes it like its such a stupid reason, and he actually makes it sound so stupid but
    The truth is it consumes his life. I am sick of it !
    I seriously am going to poor a cup of water in the vents when he isn't home. It is rediculas
    And then I say to myself why the hell am I waisting my time with someone who is choosing a video game
    Over me . I am so fed up, ten more minutes of this shit and I am leaving and it is his loss for choosing a game over his girlfriend who does anything and everything for him.

Unregistered
    OMFG, it's so annoying. I go round to my troll boyfriends flat, he barely acknowledges me, and then all I can do is gawp at his dreamy flatmates. They aren't even interested in the fucking thing but he can barely break from his ficticious world to say hi to me.

We had sex a few nights ago and I swear I heard him call me "soap"... is that a character from the game?

So upset :'(

Cassia Aldred

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234