Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Today in the US a rumor is going around that in England references to the

Jewish holocaust will now be deleted from school history books....because the references "offend Muslims". Why would speaking of the Holocaust offend Muslims in particular? This sounds highly unlikely to me, and I'm wondering if others in the UK have heard about it? In my opinion, its religion/race-baiting and unfortunately its working with some people quite well

Downloads
    Uploads
    You are allowed to teach the shoah in British schools, but it seems many teachers avoid doing so because it might upset their Muslim students.

It is difficult to see how one can force a teacher to teach a historical truth she doesn't approve of. And I am sure that this must happen in some places in America too.

Downloads
    Uploads
    As the sane respondents have explained
    the rumour is false
    The holocaust is taught
    pretty sure the armenian holocaust is not,
    at the very least the teaching of that holocaust is not compulsory which is a pity as it helped lead to the holocaust during ww2 and people should know that.

Downloads
    Uploads
    This rumor sounds like crap to me.

Considering the UK's struggles during WWII, I would bet my entire life's savings against them ever deleting references to the holocaust.

They would have to explain away why they accepted Jewish refugees....

space captain
    true

lenny
    It's just the ridiculous twitterings of our right-wing press like The Telegraph and The Daily Mail. No, it's not true. The trouble with it in ref to the Muslims is that you can't talk about the holocaust without talking about the creation of Israel....and then you open a can of worms. Some schools in the north and in London where the muslim population of some schools can reach up to 80%, then it is still taught, but with sensitivity.

THE"IS"
    for a long time they've been refusing to take the blame for the hoocaust,now you'd have to be quite syupid to say it didn't happen,and if the muslims don't like,well',,no body wants us to fly the stars and bars,but we do

Corno di Bassetto
    England has a large, growing, and increasingly activist and antagonist population of Muslims. I don't know if the rumor you heard is true, but similar kinds of attempted intrusions and alterations of cultural standards have been pushed by Muslims in the Netherlands. It wouldn't surprise me at all.

The reason Muslims would like the holocaust to be erased from our collective memory is because of their almost universal hatred of Jews. They do not want anyone feeling sympathy for them. They also want to present themselves as the persecuted religion, so they have to erase the historical competition for that distinction. Did you see the president of Iran leading a crowd in the chant, "Death to Israel"? As a religion, Islam is by far the most bigoted and antagonistic. Most of their religious leaders call for taking over the world and converting everyone to Islam. They threaten death to all who resist. Their Quran also makes this demand on them.

Have you seen the posters often carried by Muslim protestors: "The REAL holocaust is yet to come!"?

Have you seen other Muslim protest posters which say, "God bless Hitler"?
    Erasing history is the first order of business for all extremist, imperialistic conquerors.

Lenny, you and all the other knee-jerk apologists don't know ANY of the things I just mentioned, do you? Well, I guarantee you, these thumbs down are coming from those who don't WANT to know. They're the same school as those who stood aside and let the Nazis take control of Germany. They denied and avoided truth and criticized right-wingers and showed off their lofty tolerance, too. BTW, I'm a liberal.

Neville Chamberlain would be inspired to see these attitudes still being expressed today.

Plushy, I have found Snopes to be a very reliable source. Thanks for the info. So, it's a rumor. Okay. Glad to know it. But just wait and watch what happens in Europe. Keep an eye on the Netherlands and Sweden.

Google "Muslims in Europe" and see if these fears are the result of right-wing propaganda and bigotry.

Mamoudou
    No, the british saw the aftermath of the holocaust in close-up. They're not going to forget.

As Abe Lincoln said; "You can fool all of the people some of the time, and you can fool some of the people all of the time, but you can't fool all of the people all of the time".

Stop trusting your media.

Downloads
    Uploads
    rumour on YA.......surely not!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast