Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Do you empathize with whites who scream and shout racism??

Since being in this section, i've been hearing a lot of seemingly whites folks saying how much they hate being called racists.....they hate all the ''complaining''.......basically they wish the blacks who keep getting at them would all shut up and stop reminding them about slavery.

i think what some fail to realize is that racism against blacks did not end when slavery ended. even up to the 1960's in places like america the slavery mentality was still alive where blacks were still being treated as though they were subhuman. this indicates that some people's grandparents and great-grandparents (who may still be alive today) were being treated like this.

even though slavery was wrong, i sometimes wish whites as a race experienced it so that they can finally realize that the after effects of something like slavery are just not going to disappear all of a sudden......as some would wish.

so when whites start screaming and shouting racism now, i really don't know what they expect
    ok Jessica, let me put it this way.

if your mother or grandmother was raped would you turn a blind eye and say it has nothing to do with you??

ridiculous.....its going to hurt you just as much....unless you are not human.
    Yes BioRed, i observed it also but i'm not here to hammer a message into the heads of hard-headed people. i just ignored them.

and i should add that no one has or will recieve a thumbs down from me on this. i prefer to leave the pointing out of ignorance to the YA community.
    ''LuvsSex'' keep the name calling to yourself.....it only shows ''your'' lack of education and inability to carry on a decent conversation / discussion.

Downloads
    Uploads
    "some peoples grandparents and great-grandparents(who may still be alive today)" Shouldnt they be the ones who complain all the time for being treated like that? You need to also understand that blacks are not the only ones who go thru racism everyone does even white people. my point is: Everyones issue should be about racism not slavery because thats over and neither you or everyone else from today have anything to do with it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It really is amazing how people scream get over it. like how many white people have been followed around the store for no reason? not to many. yeah there are black racist but case in point...have your parents ever had to ride on the back of the bus...or walk to school and have stuff thrown at them and be called nasty derogatory names...this was just the 1960's through the early 70's. even in the 80's when my parents went to USC racism across campus. 2003-2005 when my sister attended black sorities and fraternities were barred from having houses on campus for fear it may make the greek village look a certain way..but yet the white ones have turned it into a freakn slum. SO what if the Jews dont complain now, every knows how horrible the holocaust was and yes the suffered greatly, but Jews are not nearly treated as bad as blacks and hispanics are here (i'm just speaking about my state). So for whites to say stop playing the race card if you've never been discriminated against for no reason then you have no room to talk whatsoever, so i think they need to get over.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't think their racism compares to what we faced or have faced as a people.

Adonai
    Your statments scream of Ignorance as white's were slaves many times in many cultures; the Jews were slaves as much as the Irish under English rule; the Romans took many white slaves during their era as they conqured many lands of white inhabitants; slavery has no color.

In Africa, during the slave trade era, black tribes would kidnap other blacks from other tribes and sell them off to the Spanish and English slave traders; so, blacks were also in on it...

Anglo's today are tired of the whining from blacks and other "minority races" whom cling to the crutch to gain sympathy. Enough is enough.

You speak of racism as if it where "White owned". Have you never heard of a black or Hispanic racists ?

They do exist you know? And if this is the case why are you focused on Anglo's?

Anyone whom owned a slave is dead, long gone as is the practice.

Rarely do I see a Jew whine about what happened to thier race in regards to Nazi Germany. They do not complain, they endure and grow from the experience, blacks whom complain about slavery should learn from this as they alone are not the Global victim...

If you wish to be a victim you will certainly act like one.

Junior Member ★ThInkSfOrHeRseLf★'s Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No, I don't empathize with them at all. I mean why should I? I know that some people say racist things about white people but so what? If it wasn't for them being so rude and nasty towards us because of our skin color then we wouldn't even have the thought of being nasty back at them. Also I agree with you 100% on how you wish that they were in black people's shoes because that's truly the only way that they would be able to understand.

EDIT: This is to "Jessica". I noticed that you asked a question about how you wish people would quit complaining about slavery and I am very curious to know who exactly are these people that complain about slaver. Are you talking about the black people on Yahoo! Answers, I hope not because I have yet to come across a question from a black person complaining about slavery. I've also never seen a black person in my every day life complain about slavery and I live in a predominantly black neighborhood. Also regardless if black people are complaining about slavery.....we have every right to do so since we are still suffering from the effects of slavery (unlike you) and if anybody should tell somebody to bring a stop to complaining about slavery it should be a black person (which you are not). You have no right to tell somebody to get over something because you have never been in a black person's shoes. Also I think you have a cold heart and you will not get far with that mind-set.

rpaitse
    Is there a question in here or is this just your chance to jump on your soapbox? Today racism is NOT rampant in America but it IS the most over used word in America. That's not to say real racism doesn't exist and shouldn't be tolerated but it's FAR less than what's reported. Everyone needs to get over themselves and be human first and stop labeling themselves this or that. EVERYBODY needs to stop whining and stop thinking they deserve something because of their label.

Rik
    I empathize with any human being who is unfairly persecuted and oppressed.
    I have had to deal with racial, cultural and religious bigotry all of my life.
    My people are living under the oppression of a racist Black/white society and government. We are faced with oppression from bigots in the police service, judiciary, media, religion, trade unions, education system, public services, public utilities, hospitals etc. We are victims of 160 years of white/black racism.
    Black leaders are always complaining about whites discriminating against blacks but I have found that the majority of blacks are equally racist against other ethnic groups. The majority of blacks will blindly support a black leader.
    Black leaders have been playing the sympathy card of “VICTIM SYNDROME” for far too long. Black leaders use the victim syndrome to manipulate their gullible sycophants in the same manner as religious leaders do with their fanatics.
    These leaders encourage racism and hate among their ignorant followers by blaming other ethnic groups for their failures.
    There are many black, civil rights leaders around the world who advocate for equal rights and freedoms for blacks but they refuse to condemn black leaders around the world who terrorize, persecute and alienate people of other races.

BioRed
    Excellent point, and you are absolutely correct, but they'll NEVER understand, no matter how many different ways you try to explain it to them. That's why white vs. black racism in this country will never end, because they'll never be able to appreciate, empathize and understand the effects of racism and discrimination that STILL EXISTS in this country today. They'll always say we're making excuses, and "playing the race card", and they actually believe that THEY are the ones being discriminated against, in THEIR country.

When I hear that I just laugh, because they have no clue.

The first two answers just made my point. They probably didn't even try to understand your post, they just saw another black person complining about slavery and racism, and how we can't "get over it'.

Downloads
    Uploads
    i really love this question. and while racism is still alive and well, i can't help but mention something that is even more of a problem not only in America but all over the world which is classism. Classism affects all people of all races and is based solely on the amount of money a person has. IT is the real reason why there is such poverty in the world. the rich people run things and throw the rest of us scraps. i have to strongly believe that once people realize that we have more in common than we think that racism will no longer be such a big issue. if we use this logic we can easily come together to overthrow imprerialism here and abroad. racism is just a way to distract people from realizing that they're being screwed. the only options you have are what kind of screw you get. just something to think about...