Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+

Hybrid View

brwnsuga

Who should I write to to complain about a rude immigration officer at Chicago

O'Hare airport? I am really P.O. at thos immigration officer and I would like to write in on him.. can someone let me know where i can go to write on him? I tried the Department of Homeland Security's website but they have nothing there on feedback or complain.. so if someone can help, let me know.. thanks-a-million!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Write the ambassador or consulate of whatever country you're from.

Downloads
    Uploads
    These people are sub-normal. They get their kicks from bossing the public around. Forget about them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    These people are sub-normal. They get their kicks from bossing the public around. Forget about them.

tunavamp
    Ha ha ha. Funny. There's a reason there is no feedback. That's because DHS doesn't care if one of their agents hurt your feelings. They aren't in the "service industry" and they aren't going to be fired or disciplined because you didn't feel warm and fuzzy while dealing with them. It's like complaining at the DMV. However, if you REALLY feel you want to waste your time, write your local DHS office. It might make you feel better and will give the guys who read it a good laugh. They might be "giving you some special attention" the next time you go through immigration, though.

Live a few years and learn.

Downloads
    Uploads
    First of all, the other person who answered (This tunavamp person) is full of crap. This is a typical example of the arrogant attitude which has kept our great Nation in complete ignorance about International relations. The immigration officer at any US border, represent the very first face of the United States of America, to the incoming visitor. So the immigration officer better damn well be courtious and service oriented. True, their job is check and prevent the entry of any undesirables into our country. However, this is not an automatic license to be rude and arrogant. As far as the forgeingers are concerned, the visa process now days is so tight, that its nearly impossible for an undesirable person to even think about coming to the USA. So these Immigration officers have no reason what so ever to be rude. And as for expecting this so-called warm and fuzzy feeling? Well an International traveller, particularly a visitor to the United States, has to go through so many hassles before getting here like obtaining a visa, buying a ticket, put up with the crap at International airports or borders, security hassles, packing, etc. So yes, a little warm fuzzy feeling would not be expecting too much. If that seems to be to much to ask of the Immigration officers then at least they don't have to go out of their way to be rude. Its not like they are doing this job for free.

If you have been mistreated by one of these gorrilas at the Immigration counters, then by all means, write a letter of complaint and address it to the Director of Department of Homeland Security. Make sure you send it by registered mail. Also send a copy to the U.S. Attorney General's office, The Department of Justice, The State Department, and The Whitehouse. And then watch some fun. And trust me, unlike what the other person said, these guys wont be laughing when your complaint reaches the right people in these department. No one is above the law. Not even the Neo-Nazis at Homeland Security. Last time I checked, my country, these United States of America, are very much part of a civilized world.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Law Suits Against the U.S. Immigration Service (USCIS)
    http://www.fitzgeraldlawcompany.com/law_suite.html

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, forget it! I have traveled all over the world and only once got angry!!!! Coming back from Japan, some US--- Mexican immigration officer that could barely speak English, he questioned the way that I signed my name, I think---his English sucked. I spent 20 minutes signing my name until his stupid ass was satisfied, and during this time he allowed a girl that had traveled to a forbidden country to pass right through with only one question. The US is so stupid! They have immigration officers that can't speak English, and detain a normal citizen, and yet let others pass through without any action. I guess this is political correctness?