i was in a minor car accident the other day-?

L

lisa

and a police report was filed. i just gave my statement to the other person's insurance company. since he was at fault, the company accepted full liability. i need to go to the dealer's body shop to get the repairs estimated, where they would "cut me a check" as they said. i haven't gone to the doctor's yet, but they said they'd cover that too. the insurance officer said that if i didn't go to the doctors, because the pain went away, they would still pay me for compensation for the accident-- something about injury compensation or i can't remember.... and also about missed work.

i was embarrassed to ask about how much it would be b/c that sounds money-hungry- but i'm just curious.... how much could it possibly be? i have no clue what to expect.
his insurance is AllState, and this happened in Houston.
damages were sort of minor-- my rear bumper is sitting lower, and my front grill and bumper are smashed in. (he rear ended me, and i hit the car in front of me while i was stopped at a a green light. the car ahead of me and i were stopped at a green light because traffic was heavy, and we would have blocked the intersection if we'd gone forward)

Back