Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    droid327

"Restaurant style" chicken breading?

I've fried up chicken fingers and stuff several differnet ways before - tossed in flour, dipped in egg, dipped in flour+water batter, tossed in cornmeal, etc. etc.

What I really want is to figure out how to do the thick, bumpy, really crispy breading you get when you get chicken fingers at a restaurant, even like McDonalds. You can buy them prebreaded but I'd like to know how to do it yourself.

Is there a recipe I just cant find? Or is it the deep-fryer that makes it different from just floured and panfried chicken?

I know theres a bunch of differnet ways to make fried chicken, but I really want the way that makes it just like KFC

Downloads
    Uploads
    The deep fryer seals it in place so the air bubbles keep the batter inflated.
    Using larger bread crumbles give it that bumpy look.
    In a pinch you can deep fry in a pan if you have a little fry basket to set down in it.