Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    ebs5572

Do I HAVE to buy a Bluetooth headset from my cell phone provider?

I have a Verizon phone which is Bluetooth compatible. Currently, I have a hands free device that connects right to the phone but I want to get one of the Bluetooth wireless headsets. Do I have to buy the Bluetooth headset directly from Verzion's options or can I get one anywhere I want? Verizon has very little selection and looking around, I see there are lots of options at other stores. If my phone is compatible, is is compatible with every headset, or JUST the ones that say are compatible with my phone (Motorola Km1)?

talismb
    No...Bluetooth is a general networking solution, so as long as you phone is bluetooth compatable, you can buy whichever you want.

Chaos
    my best guess is yeah just check the package to see if it works for your phone

Downloads
    Uploads
    As long as the device you buy is bluetooth enabled, you should be able to buy just about anything.

Chaos

Chaos

Downloads
    Uploads
    NO. ONLY the phone has to be compatible. You can shop and review at www.CNET.com. Buy at either, www.Overstock.com or www.TigerDirect.com for better pricing. Shipping takes about a week.

"Hands Free" while driving is my "biggest" reward. No wires, nice to have the extra hand. I will tell you, in a store some will think you are talking to them but this is "normal" and you will get used to it.

Nothing "amazes" me much in life, but this "BlueTooth" technology is WONDERFUL. I purchased my first September 2007, Motorola H700, $41.00. First time this is a good unit but you will realize, at times, you are asked to "speak up", "wind noise", at times, interferes, and in a crowd may be hard to hear.

In February this year I met a Navy buddy with a lay over in Atlanta. During our conversation I noticed his "BlueTooth", Jabra Jawbone. This is the one issued by the Navy/Marines and he loves it. Same day I went home and ordered on TigerDirect.com, $84. No longer does my mom say, "can you speak up", everyone, my clients, friends, family, hear "clearly", I hear all loud and "clear", "wind" has no effect, crowd noise is no longer a concern. The Jabra has a "noise reduction" button but I have never had to use. If it is good enough for the military, it is good enough for me. "Jabra" technology, and why the military likes, uses a "voice recognition" from not only "sound" but, the way I explain, "voice movement" and "vibration", no other has. I can guarantee Jabra is compatible to your phone.

Many at my office use Plantronics and these are good units as well. The better units "plug" into your ear, which I don't like. All that have say if they had a complaint "plugging" in the ear is it. Most paid just over $100.

"BlueTooth" also allows you to "speak" a programmed name/business, etc,, to connect. When I call my girlfriend, I hit the button, and simply say "Judy". This "voice recognition" on any "BlueTooth" may take a couple of times to "pick up" your voice "tone".

Good Luck. Since a "first time" BlueTooth user you will appreciate any you purchase. As you understand, use in different environments, in areas you can't hear nor can the other party, this is when you will want to upgrade. I highly recommend and, personally, would not buy any other but Jabra Jawbone or Pantronics that "plug" in ear. Motorola makes an excellent product, for the money, as well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    NO. ONLY the phone has to be compatible. You can shop and review at www.CNET.com. Buy at either, www.Overstock.com or www.TigerDirect.com for better pricing. Shipping takes about a week.

"Hands Free" while driving is my "biggest" reward. No wires, nice to have the extra hand. I will tell you, in a store some will think you are talking to them but this is "normal" and you will get used to it.

Nothing "amazes" me much in life, but this "BlueTooth" technology is WONDERFUL. I purchased my first September 2007, Motorola H700, $41.00. First time this is a good unit but you will realize, at times, you are asked to "speak up", "wind noise", at times, interferes, and in a crowd may be hard to hear.

In February this year I met a Navy buddy with a lay over in Atlanta. During our conversation I noticed his "BlueTooth", Jabra Jawbone. This is the one issued by the Navy/Marines and he loves it. Same day I went home and ordered on TigerDirect.com, $84. No longer does my mom say, "can you speak up", everyone, my clients, friends, family, hear "clearly", I hear all loud and "clear", "wind" has no effect, crowd noise is no longer a concern. The Jabra has a "noise reduction" button but I have never had to use. If it is good enough for the military, it is good enough for me. "Jabra" technology, and why the military likes, uses a "voice recognition" from not only "sound" but, the way I explain, "voice movement" and "vibration", no other has. I can guarantee Jabra is compatible to your phone.

Many at my office use Plantronics and these are good units as well. The better units "plug" into your ear, which I don't like. All that have say if they had a complaint "plugging" in the ear is it. Most paid just over $100.

"BlueTooth" also allows you to "speak" a programmed name/business, etc,, to connect. When I call my girlfriend, I hit the button, and simply say "Judy". This "voice recognition" on any "BlueTooth" may take a couple of times to "pick up" your voice "tone".

Good Luck. Since a "first time" BlueTooth user you will appreciate any you purchase. As you understand, use in different environments, in areas you can't hear nor can the other party, this is when you will want to upgrade. I highly recommend and, personally, would not buy any other but Jabra Jawbone or Pantronics that "plug" in ear. Motorola makes an excellent product, for the money, as well.

Chaos

Downloads
    Uploads
    As long as the device you buy is bluetooth enabled, you should be able to buy just about anything.