Is it rude to complain to a host about their dog??

C

CupCake

I was invited to a dinner at someone's home last night - their dog was in the dining room and to my disgust people were petting it and even letting it sit in their lap while with the same hands eating. I felt like the dogs germs were getting everywhere and lost my appetite and made an excuse why I wasn't eating. Would it have been rude if I straight out expressed how grossed out I was feeling or would it offend the dogowner and possibly the dog loving guests too?
I was having a piece of lettuce while typing this and the memory of it all has ruined my appetite again. This has caused me long term damage, it is so disgusting and SO RUDE of dog owners to throw their animals in their guests face >:mad: It was a small fluffy thing and the blind lady next to me kept holding it while I turned my back to her though she couldn't see me I think the others sensed I how I was feeling, then it would run around under the table with its dander and germs and breath spreading all over the place YUCK

Your were grossed out by people petting a dog? As long as it was not at the table or peoples lap while at the table you are over acting. I think dogs are dirty, but so are people...

People can treat dogs like humans (totally wrong to do) and can be highly offended if you would have said something.

Just be polite or fake a stomach ache

Back