Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    ordinary_girl_x

what would happen if soemone started screaming and shouting in the street and could

not be calmed down? would they sudate them? who would they get to sudate them? I need help because I need a person in a story I am writing to be sudated-they are causing unrest by scream and shouting.

spaceghost
    police would detain/arrest them and if they needed sedating l8r they would. normally tho police would jus bung em in the back of a police van and off to the pychiatric ward for them!

soul patrol baby
    i suppose the police would take them in for disturbing the peace

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, someone would, hopefully, call 911. The medics would

try to calm the person down. If they couldn't talk with them, they might have to sedate them. The word is "SEDATE"

Downloads
    Uploads
    depending on the situation would depend on what I'd do.might leave the scene in case the person became violent or would call 911 then they would 'sedate' the person..

nearly got shot once trying to help someone like that.

EAB
    No, an ambulance officer would not administer a sedative. It may be different from place to place, but sedatives are not on the list of medications that ambos are allowed to administer. The police NEVER administer medication. Even a doctor would be unlikely to medicate if the person was just shouting and screaming - they would try to find out about the persons medical history, particularly what other medication they are on, what their health complaints are etc Sedatives can interact with other mediactions and cause real problems.

In reality, maybe people would ignore them and they'd would exhaust themselves and quiet down. Or maybe someone would call the police or an ambulance. If they called the police, the police would try to calm them down, find out the cause, but if they couldn't they would get an ambulance since they would assume that there was some psychiatric reason. The ambulance would try to calm them verbally, but if they continued they get them to hospital - in the police car (if they couldn't get them into the ambulance) or otherwise in the ambulance. Depending, the hospital would send them to psych if they keep screaming. Psych would lock them in a room and contact relatives to find out the persons history.