Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Junior Member PhoebeAnnethLeigh's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

for those who complain about Christians talking about Hell?

I understand how hearing about Hell is terrifying, hurtful, and uncomfortable. And some Christians don't talk about it in a loving way, you are right. But I just want to ask you this question, and please answer openly and honestly:

If you were running at a cliff with a blindfold on, and I saw you, shouldn't I tell you? If I didn't tell you because I thought it might be awkward, wouldn't that make me a horrible, selfish person?

In the same way, if a Christian truly believes that you are going to Hell if you don't repent and accept Christ as savior (and in this instance I am not asking you to believe that) and they don't tell you, don't that make THEM a horrible person?

again, I'm not asking you to believe in Hell right now. I'm just asking if a Christian believes that you are going to Hell and doesn't tell you, doesn't that make them incredibly cruel?

Downloads
    Uploads
    There is no loving way to talk about Hell.

It's a monstrous fantasy and it's cruel to try to use it to terrorize others.

Downloads
    Uploads
    But do they have to repeat it over and over and over again!?

Really! I heard you the first time as did everyone else.

Laughing L
    The problem is that I don't believe you. Your kind has had some mean secretive people in the past. You show no reason for me to believe that your are different.

If I see a perfectly healthy Christian walking up to a lion who thinks "God" will protect him, should I try and save him.

The answer is "HELL NO!"

I say let the brainwashed be eaten before they reproduce and make more brainwashed.

Look at FLDS! And we're going to pay through the nose for these people and make them special?

nerdlinger
    So you won't mind me preaching to you about Anubis and how he'll weigh your heart against a feather after you die, then.

Jeff S
    You should tell me about the cliff because you have proof of the cliff.

a TRUE christian would understand the phrase, "judge not less ye be judged" a true christian would recognize that as a part of the Bible and follow it. A true Christian would know that my fate is between me and God...and they wouldn't see fit to adjudicate me to Hell. A true Christian would not throw stones from their glass house.

A false Christian would tell me I was going to hell and act like the judge themselves. (Primoa 16:19)

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't believe every movie review is read, so why should i believe one review that says hell is bad?

Nobody has been there to say it only who ever wrote the bible and they weren't even there.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am a Christian and I don't believe in hell.

Soulless
    If I'm wearing a big sign saying, "I don't believe in the cliff. Leave me alone", then I really don't want your advice unless I ask for it. Especially as you too are wearing a blindfold and haven't actually seen the cliff.

problem
    I am a Christian, I don't believe in an eternal fiery hell.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast