Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The analogy of a cliff is bogus.

You can prove the cliff exists while hell is a place that you have no evidence whatever for.

You may believe hell exists, but if you are completely honest, it is just a supposition. You believe it because someone told you it was real and you read it in a book.

You suspect you are right, and for that reason, Christians call everyone who doesn't believe ignorant fools.

It's not a matter of preventing an impending disaster, it's a matter of convincing someone else what you suspect may be an impending disaster, though you have absolutely no proof to offer them.

The engineers who were worried of the shuttle disaster with the faulty o-ring seals had data and even they were not believed. How do you expect people to believe you when you have NOTHING to offer?

I'm sorry, but your suppositions are not evidence, and without evidence, you have nothing to offer.

As far as warnings ... I doubt that you'll meet many people who haven't heard the tales before. Your concern is all you have to offer, and frankly, I've heard enough Christians telling me I'm wrong to last a couple lifetimes. From people here, to the woman sticking her finger at my chest saying I need Jesus, to Christians on patrol yapping at me while I'm trying to watch a fireworks show, to the screaming man on the Subway in Seoul, to the man standing on a box with a bull-horn in my town and on and on, I'm quite tired.

I KNOW what you believe. I was a Christian for a time myself. I've probably read the Bible more times than most people who've accosted me.

If Christians handled themselves better, people wouldn't get as upset.

If people want to know about my faith, all they need do is ask. I'm glad to discuss it with them. I even have a radio show ... and weird enough, I don't ask for, or receive a dime. The closest my religion comes to proselytizing is to admit who we are. If someone is interested, they will ask.

Being antagonistic is not a way to entice people to your point of view.

Mel
    If I'm actually running at a cliff with a blindfold on, let me go. I should be taken out of the gene pool.

Your views on heaven and hell are not unique. We all get the idea... some of us choose to believe it or not. So, that makes you annoying by default.

Just because you think someone is going to hell doesn't make it true. If you're fat and a smoker, I still have no right to tell you that you're going to get heart disease and cancer and die. You already know that - and if you are so ignorant not to know that, then you should also be taken out of the gene pool.

Keep your religion to yourself. Don't pray in my school and I wont think in your church.

Amen.

Downloads
    Uploads
    "I'm just asking if a Christian believes that you are going to Hell and doesn't tell you, doesn't that make them incredibly cruel?"

No, it makes them a polite human being.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It requires more than faith for a cliff to exist. Not so with an invisible creator.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Originally the purpose of hell was to straight up scare people into converting, that's how it gained momentum. Nowadays with logic and reason abound, I'd say to them that they will catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It requires more than faith for a cliff to exist. Not so with an invisible creator.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Um, first things first.
    The cliff need to actually be real.

Now if you tackled a runner on the prairies to save him from a cliff that does not exist would you understand him being a bit annoyed.

Prove that Hell, Heaven, or your God is anything besides a fantasy and fine.
    If you can not do that then I propose we label you as a nut, and a hazard to society...

Mr. Stiggo
    Yes, if you actually see me heading into danger, I'd want you to warn me. But if you just keep imagining I'm heading into danger, with no real proof or even evidence or even the slightest hint of reason to believe I'm actually in danger, then your constant warnings will become tiresome and annoying.

Anti Christ
    I can't believe how can people believe in such amazing horseshit.

If you don't say "im an idiot" out loud everytime you go to the bathroom, you will go to hell when you die.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12