Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My mom didn't have the epidural when I was born and I was told that she hardly made a sound. Luckily it was only like a 45 minute labor, but she said it hurt really badly. I guess it depends on how tolerant of pain you are.

A.J.'s mommie♥
    If you get an epidural then you probably won't be screaming. If you go all natural then I believe you can still control yourself. Just think, being mean and calling people names or screaming to the top of your lungs won't stop the pain at all. The pain won't go away until that little thing is out lol. Just practice your breathing. I cried a little but I didn't scream. All that is silly and not necessary =]

goddessences
    Hi, I know what you mean...I was freaked out by all that screaming shown in movies etc...but...

I was lucky enough to have my baby at a small town hospital where one night they screened two short 'birthing' movies for parents attending birthing classes at the hospital...

the first movie was of a Papua New Guinea woman giving birth...she and a few helpers trotted off into the bush a bit...made a clean surface of banana leaves...she squatted over the leaves and delivered her baby without any fuss what so ever...

that movie changed my life...and my own birth...

I realised that people had been giving birth as long as people have existed...that they have given birth in all sorts of conditions...and...coped

the second movie was of a Lamaze birth...everyone was calm and quiet and focused on welcoming the new baby into the world...no screaming, but definitely strong work for the mother who demonstrated just how empowering the birthing process can be for a woman...

I learned from this that women are amazing and cope better than the film industry depicts...and that movie makers cant help themselves...they dramatise everything!!!!

so it's not surprising that women now tend to believe that the only way to bring a child into the world is to the sound of it's mothers screams!!!!!

how sad is that?

You dont have to and wont scream...unless...you want to, of course

so, happy birthing, it's a buzz...so empowering... go girl!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123