Why is Jimmy Carter's revelation about Hamas news?

R

Robert C

I was simply amazed that the liberal media is promoting Carter's statement that Hamas is willing to accept Israel as its neighbor. Absolute nuts by a man out of touch but even worse the liberal media is promoting it as a break through.

AP doesn't even reference the "Six Day War" as anything other than the 1967 Mideast war. They think we are too stupid to read history books? That the Arabs blocked Israeli shipping channels cutting them off from survival as they need the Sinai Peninsula to survive.

Egypt kicked out the UN out that were protecting the Sinai Peninsula then amassed 100,000 soldiers and all their tanks on the Israeli border and called on the rest of the Arab world to attack Israel. The war was fought between Egypt, Jordan, and Syria. Almost all Arab states contributed forces. Israel kicked their butts in 6 days, and has always been known as the Six Day War, and not the 1967 Mideast war.
Imagine instead of the Hamas terrorists group, the al-Qaeda said they wouldn't attack us if we let them attend our commercial jet training schools. I thought Alzheimer's wasn't contagious, but now I think Carter gave it to the AP wire service.

I think Carter needs to come back home so he can negotiate giving California back to Mexico so he can do something useful.
I love What U Think ignorance... I'm German. LOL!
Matthew D is well aware of the world and how it works in the background. I thought Carter was a terrible president but a nice guy. I do think it is sad that he needs to accomplish something to make his mark. He made a mess of the economy but was trying to do the "right thing" with international affairs. Foreigners took advantage of his nice-guy naivety. If you're a Christian, you know that no doubt will God have a special place for him. Maybe he will make his mark here on earth.
And I think Gershon ben David is right. But I think Carter's goal is to work which side will blink first, and he counting in Israel.

I don't think they will and I hope they don't.

Every acre of land they give to the Palestinians just goes barren so it is a waste of good world resources. And it never seems to appease them as the land is only useful to them if they can lob rockets into Israel. I suspect being born and raised to hate, leaves nothing left of learning other things. No doubt the whole situation is sad, but not Israel's fault. I keep asking myself where are the Arabs to help their fellow Palestinian Arabs? If they are so proud of their own people, why don't they provide for the Palestinians instead of selling them arms. Carter is in a no win situation.

Back