Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    brunettelove

could this be food allergies?

My chihuahua puppy has had really itchy legs and chest area lately.He does not have fleas, and I haven't had him outside (I'm waiting for him to finish up on vaccinations before i take him outside) He is on Hill's Science Diet puppy food, which is what i've been feeding him since I got him 2 months ago.

ginny
    Legs and chest area suggest perhaps an allergy to a carpet or blanket he lays on. My mom's golden retriever is allergic to several types of wool, among other things. Get him tested at the vet to be sure.

Downloads
    Uploads
    maybe dry skin. See if its flaky. My yorkiepoodle had this. We would use conditoner on her hair when we washed her( pantene prov in between washes)

casey
    More likely an allergy to something in your home than the food, I think. Are you cleaning his bedding in detergent or have you bathed him? Also, check to see if you are petting him after moisturizing your hands or even after washing. Delicate puppy skin can certainly be irritated by even residual chemicals in these items.

Hope he gets better fast!