Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Stephijones

Is it possible to unlock a Cingular Blackberry Curve and not lose any features?

So I am on t-mobile and I really want a Blackberry Curve, but I want the red one that Cingular/At&t has.. so I was wondering if I could get it unlocked through cingular and still have all of the features work right.. get back to me asap THANKS!!

for the most part, yes. If you go into the at&t store and pay the full retail price for it, you should be able to call customer service and receive the unlock code for free.

if you bought it used or if at&t won't provide the unlock code, you can try gsmphonesource.com They generally send the unlock code the same day.

As far as the features go, the 8310 on at&t has GPS vs the 8320 on t-mo that has wifi. the 8310 will not be able to use the hotspot@home wifi calling. I do believe the GPS will work with a program such as Google Maps.

a good place to go would be blackberryforums.com or pinstack.com. both of those are blackberry forums and its a great place to learn about them.

Downloads
    Uploads

Unlocking

Quote Originally Posted by Stephijones View Post
    So I am on t-mobile and I really want a Blackberry Curve, but I want the red one that Cingular/At&t has.. so I was wondering if I could get it unlocked through cingular and still have all of the features work right.. get back to me asap THANKS!!

If you Unlock Blackberry Curve 8300 from Cingular network lock means you can use with any GSM Network sim card...... It will not loss any features like internet,text,data plan etc.You can just switch over to new network and use with the network...You can unlock using the unlock code.Get the unlock code from here Mobile-unlocker.com and Unlock it...