What do you think that Microsoft is going to do to compete with blu-ray?

Xbox'sCreed

Apr 20, 2008
I heard that Sony is coming out with a 100gb disc for Blu-ray? What do you think that Microsoft is going to do? Do you think that they are going to overtake Sony with something even better, or just switch to blu-ray? No fanboy comments please.
If you think about what they could do though. They have 100's of billions within Microsoft to invest, if they weren't so greedy, they could make a disc eventually that could hold terabytes of data. Even though the future is downloaded games.
What do you mean Dr. Phil?

they are defitnately going to force you to pay for something extra..i know you said no fanboys but i couldn't resist man!!

heres something you may not of known. while blue ray disks can hold more data than regular disks, did you know that they preform alot worse than normal dvd's.

What do you mean by do anything? you mean come out with a higher capacity disc or something of near capacity as current blu-ray disc, why would they waste money in doing that? Microsoft uses Dvd as a format and they didn't create that, Nor did Microsoft create Hd-dvd they just supported it, Toshiba made hd-dvd not Microsoft.

Now that Blu-Ray has won more than likely they will support it as Microsoft's customers will eventually lean towards Blu-Ray.

Microsoft is a software company first, hardware devision second being Xbox division and Zune, Software being they're operating systems from 95, to Xp, to Vista, Internet Explorer, MSN, Encarta, Windows Moblie operating systems, Windows Movie Maker, Microsoft Office, etc...

Theres nothing they can do really.

I really doubt Sony will hand over Blu-Ray to their rivals in gaming consoles?

A Blu-ray player attachment (like the hd-dvd drive) is already in the works and probably be available late 08 to early 09

A Blu-ray player attachment (like the hd-dvd drive) is already in the works and probably be available late 08 to early 09

They'll probably make a Blu Ray Player attatchment but just for dvd's

heres something you may not of known. while blue ray disks can hold more data than regular disks, did you know that they preform alot worse than normal dvd's.

Back