Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

my hamsters tooth has really grown help!?

we went on vacation and couldnot take our hamster with us so we left her in care of our neighbors when we came back her tooth was so huge it is touching her nose and is cutting it! she is in alot of pain the vet can only attend her on wednesday and i cant wait that much !should i carefully remove her tooth will it hurt her alot if i do remove it is there any ointment i can apply to her?what will happen if i remove it help!

Downloads
    Uploads

well dont take it out! i guess the best thing is to wait=[you don't know wat could happen to your hammy if you take its tooth out!well good luck with your hamster!

Junior Member ttKDSGDGttttKWDGHttt's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

There are a couple of things that you can dothere are some vets that work with small animalsand they could file down the tooth.or you could get a hard wood "toy" for her to chew onat the pet store they have all kinds of wood for them to chew onthey also have some hard healthy treats for them as wellbut if she is too sore and does not chew you will need to have her teeth filed.next time you leave her make sure that she has lots of hard wood to chew onthe older Hamsters get the more that their teeth need to be worn down and they do this by chewing thingsthe older they get the harder woods they need.you should give her things that she can chew on every day this problem will only get worse with age as their teeth get thicker as they age.