Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

What to do abt. son?

My son got in a fight at school today,it it the first time ever.He is 15.The other kid started it so my boy was really just defending himself. I don't know what to do for a punnishment.He got expelled for 2 days and I don't want it to be just a vacation for him but I want him to stick up for himself or his school life would be a living hell. What do yall thinkI was thinkin about getting him to wash my car(64 Dodge dart so its not real small) and mow the yard. Would that be to much/

Downloads
    Uploads

What to do abt. son?

no tv no computer. give him books and stuff that he likes, but not too much. tell him that it wasn't his fault and you just don't wanna see himm bloody

Downloads
    Uploads

What to do abt. son?

If he was truly defending himself congradualte him!!! The other kid deserved what he had coming.. I got in a lot of fights when I was a kid and I had supportive parents.. Sounds like the other kid deserved it and you should not teach your son not to defend himself

Downloads
    Uploads

What to do abt. son?

The school must have suspended him for a reason (I suppose!), and you probably only have your son's viewpoint. Your son may have made a mistake: he isn't going to go through life without making a few! Discuss with him what action he will take when future such events occur, and get him to plan his responses. He will be offered drugs, etc., no doubt - again, help him to plan his reactions.Ground him for the two days? All children need the security of strong and loving parents who provide boundaries, so you need to do something, even if it need not be too harsh for a first offence.Good luck!

Downloads
    Uploads

What to do abt. son?

if your son defended himself then i wouldnt give him really any punishmentwould you rather have him come home with a bloody lip and maybe a broken nose or come home with a suspension for 2 days since he stuck up forhimselfif you dont want it to be a vacationget him to help him out around the housebut dont take EVERYTHING away since he was only protecting himself.

Downloads
    Uploads

What to do abt. son?

I would not punish him for defending himself.

Downloads
    Uploads

What to do abt. son?

Being 16 and a male, what your son wants is someone to talk to, probably not you because your his mum, but don't punish him for defending himself if that is indeed what he did, dont congratulate him either but try and find out exactly what happened, punishing him for what in his view was the best option would just lead to him getting angry at you and could eventually lead to him detesting you (my parents drove me to that with them) but if you have any shopping to do get it done and make him come with you, stuff like that, chances are he will feel pretty guilty and help out a little around the house, but no matter what he says when people are out of school during a school day, though illness or whatever they may say they enjoy it but they are in fact bored out there mind, i have spent many hours being ill and off school and after about 3 hours the novelty of having the house to yourself wears off and it becomes boring.