Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Junior Member ttttt~~~~tttt~~~~ttttt's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

vacation to greece?

Hey so I need to find a nice place in greece. I am from Serbia and have only 5 days to spend so for example santorini won't be a good idea since it is far away. Any ideas?

Downloads
    Uploads

vacation to greece?

Hey so you're from Serbia - then contact one of the YUTA Tourist Agencies, there are 263 on this official list. I'm sure you'll find something to suit your needs. There's a tourist agency round literally every other corner offering summer vacation packages in Greece. Or simply ask a friend, a neighbour or a family member, since Greece is the most popular destination for Serbs all the year round, not only in summer. It's hard to find Serbs who haven't been to Greece. http://www.yuta.co.yu/sr/yuta/links.aspPS My dear Serb hater, I'm sorry your medication is late again so you have to use the thumbs down on my answer. Unfortunately, it has no effect my dear. It won't cure your sick mind. And hate will only make you even less cute than you are now. Just don't be shy - you have more than 4 accounts, right?

Downloads
    Uploads

vacation to greece?

CHALKIDIKI peninsula is the place I recommend to you. It is in the north and not far away from you like some of the islands. It is beautiful there with many lovely beaches.

Downloads
    Uploads

vacation to greece?

Chalkidiki is the obvious choise. A second choise would be Thassos island, which is a little more distant than Chalkidiki.Advantages of Chalkidiki choise:1. Chalkidiki is very easy to reach. From Serbia you could possibly come by train to Thessaloniki or by bus (try some greek tour agencies, they may have tickets, try Zorpidis Tours), or even by aeroplane to Thessaloniki.2. Chalkidiki is a very expanted place, is a hole perfecture! It has a great choise of beaches and activities for every taste! There are very cosmopolitic places, very expensive (Sani resort, Porto Karras), places with extented nighlife (Kallithea, Hanioti, Afytos), places for naturelovers and for agritourism, isolated places, for families etc etc. You can visit all of them very easily.3. You can find affordable accomodation (try www.homeaway.com, www.vacationrentals.net, also search in google "accomodation Chalkidiki/Afytos/Kallithea/Nikiti/Porto Koufo/ Sarti/ Hanioti/ Polyhrono/Kryopigi/ Pefkohori"). Better find an apartment rental and not a plain room, you will save A LOT of money.4. It is close Thessaloniki (about an hour if you choose to go to the first leg, Kassandra peninsula). That means you can visit and tour the second biggest city in Greece, which has a lot of museums, GREAT shopping, GREAT walking and CLUBING (do you want more?).5. You can manage to do many things without a car, as the distances, especially in Kassandra Peninsula are very short and the mass transortation adequate. 6. Many excursions are being organized from May till October. Boat tours from the first to the second leg of the peninsula, affordable tours to Mont Athos about 20-30E/person by boat(you should know what it is, as you are a Serb), even one day tours to the islands of Skopelos and Skiathos (that are very touristic and picturesque), swimming competitions, diving lessons, important summer festivals (in Sani, in Kassandra, in Moudania), many traditional fests, traditional products' exibitions etc....7. Chalkidiki has also an island that is called Ammouliani. It is very quiet, very close to mainland and to Mont Athos. It is close to Ouranoupolis, which is a very touristic, beautiful village with some byzantine monuments. In Amouliani you can also find affordable accomodation. Thassos:As I live nearby, I can tell you that you can't easily find affordable accomodation. Nighlife 0. It has the best beaches I've ever been in my hole life, but it is rather suitable for families. It has also extreme and unspoilt natural beauty.Recommendations for Chalkidiki: Afytos (amaising), Kallithea (best point for exploring the area), Pefkohori, Nikiti, Gerakini.Edit: Parga is really beautiful, I agree with Keti, but it's a very long way from Thessaloniki (6-8hours) and also a very difficult one. Of course it has exteme natural beauty and many sightseeing around, such as the "Nekromanteion" of Axerwntas (=people communicated with their dead relatives), the Kassopi ancient city remainings (!!!!!!!), the museum and roman theater of Preveza and many more.

Downloads
    Uploads

vacation to greece?

Go to Parga in Epirus it's like an island in the mountains!Yia sou.