Annoying cough go away!!!?

tH3@RTY0U

Apr 5, 2008
I've been coughing up junk for a couple of weeks as a result of constant drainage. (I know, gross). I've finished antibiotics, started on Zyrtec D, and I still have it. I'm going on vacation in 1 week and I want to feel 100% better. Any suggestions on stuff that works? (My nose is not stuffy).

Me too. I am on my second round of antibiotics. I'm sick of coughing up junk. I'm taking Robitussin D. That is what my dr. suggested. It is helping some. Go back to the dr. and tell them what is going on. Most likely you'll need another round of antibiotics to help knock it out of you. Your not alone in this. I was off antibiotics for a week and it came back even WORSE because I waited to long to go back. I feel worse than I did a few weeks ago.As for the trip where are you going? If it is the beach or some where near that it may help. Beach areas have a higher humidity and also salt in the air. It will help open things up and help the cough.

The Zyrtec D is a decongestant, which is likely to keep the drainage coming. You might want to try just the plain Zyrtec or another type of antihistamine without a decongestant. That would be more likely to dry up the drainage.

Back