Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Junior Member ttttGoSpursGottttt's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

What's the best questions to ask on a job interview?

Have a new job interview comming up and I'm not sure what questions I should ask. I will ask about the benefits, vacation, but should there be more important questions too ask

Downloads
    Uploads

Do not ask about vacations.......do not ask about benefits.........you will not be asked back.........

Downloads
    Uploads

Ask what their main expectations are of you, and let them know you will exceed them.

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm sorry man , but you have it backwards- they do all the asking, and you should hope that your answers pleased them or you'll not get the job. They may or may not tell you about some of the benefits- it's their choice. After you are hired , there will be ample time to find out about the benefits you'll have. Good luck!

Downloads
    Uploads

In order to learn and to indirectly show the potential employer that you understand the company and its products/services you need to thoroughly explore their web site....BE PREPARED. Yep, like the boy scouts. Do Not ask anything that can be found on the web site. (I have spent hours on a potential employer's site) You could ask a question about their work culture if you have not visited their offices. You could also ask something that will get the interviewer to open up and talk. Yahoo or Google other interview questions. But it can be a little overwhelming....DoNot ask anything about pay. Whoever mentions the first number loses.Remember not to patronize him/her. Finally go in looking professional and confident. You are interviewing them as well as them interviewing you.

Downloads
    Uploads

You can absolutely ask about benefits on a job interview. I would not ask about vacation unless you already have a vacation planned- the time to tell the boss would be before you are hired. I don't know if you are leaving a job to find a new one but you need to ask about benefits unless you can find out from a different source. You wouldn't take a job before asking what your salary is, benefits are just as important.

Downloads
    Uploads

I agree with another responder. Do not ask about benefits, compensation, paid time off. That's for if you're given an offer to consider.Ask questions about the employer, its business, and the work you'll be doing. Examples: "How would you describe a typical day for this position?""What kind of growth opportunities are available in this position?""Where does the company sees itself going in the long-term?""In your words, what is the culture like in the company?"Be sure you do some research about the company. This will help you come up with questions. Doing this will show you have genuine interest in the company and the job.

Downloads
    Uploads

I agree with some of the posters as well.. do not bring up the question of salary, benefits, vacation etc... this would show you are more interested in what you gain financially than you are in doing the job.I would like to add, however, that there are a few questions I've asked a few times and it has been very successful. I ask the interviewer what brought THEM to the company... what THEY like or dislike about the job... what THEY feel about advancing in the company... what qualifications/experience did they bring into the job etc... the thing is, people love to talk about themselves.... so give them the opportunity to do so. Make sure you are very attentive to their answers and make it sound like you really are interested in knowing this. Also, it doesn't hurt to do a little research on the company ahead of time and bring up a small interesting fact during the interview. I did this for one job (found out the company was previously owned by a very successful sports company...had nothing to do with the company I was interviewing with)... the person interviewing me did not know that fact and was quite impressed that I did.... (I did get the job!)Anyway... it is always a good idea to have some sort of question prepared to ask... just do not make it about the benefits, perks, vacation, etc. Those are issues you negotiate after you are offered the position.

Downloads
    Uploads

you can ask a lot of questions during the interview. For exampleo you offer flextime?What is the usual promotional time frame?What do you like best about your job/company?Once the probation period is completed, how much authority will I have over decisions?Has there been much turnover in this job area?You can see more of the questions and other HR interview tips for placement papers. http://previouspapers.blogspot.com/2008/01/questions-you-must-ask-hr.html