Traveling with dog from CA, USA to Manila, Philippines?

tH3@RTY0U

Apr 5, 2008
Im having 2nd thoughts about leaving our dog at a board and care facility. Im looking into the process of taking the dog with us on vacation. We got the dog for free from a family that couldnt take care of it anymore. I read somewhere that "Pets are subject to the payment of 50% duty of original value of the animal". So does that mean we dont have to pay anything?

I don't know about dogs...but here's my logic--if a car is given to me, do you think customs will not charge me taxes? I wish there would be some loopholes I know.

this is from northwest airlines.comThe cost of traveling with your pet will vary depending on the size and weight of your pet and kenel and the shipping option chosenif you want to find out more, please check out:http://www.nwa.com/travel/animals/index.html

you just have to declare in customs that your pet's value is 0. how can they argue with that?I'm thinking of taking my dog with me too, back in the Philippines, i don't like leaving him at the boarding kennel, but i met this lady in the our dog club she's taking care of my friend's dog too while they're in Canada. She charges more but it's OK because i know she will take care of my dog.maybe you should just find someone who can take your dog as their pet while you also pay them, the flight back to PI is long but i can understand why you don't want to leave your dog.

Back