Do you have albums that you can listen to from start to finish in your collection?

S

Sookie

Without skipping ANY songs? I can't speak for you, but that's a rare thing for me.
lovnrckets - all the Quicksand talk yesterday made me think of this. "Slip" is one of ther VERY few albums I will listen to the whole way through.
prepare4trouble - that's cool! I guess I don't have the patience to do that.

I do actually, I have like 3 that I can name off to the top of my head. Backstreet Boys (laugh if you want, I don't care lol) Never Gone -- Justin Timberlake's Future/Sex Love Sounds (I'm not coming off well here am I?) -- one of my Insane Clown Posse CD's, I can't remember which one it's the black CD -- and Ozzy Osbournes CD with Mr. Tinkertrain and Mama I'm Coming Home on it. I can't remember the name of it at the moment. IT could be Mr. Tinkertrain. I need to take myself to bed.

But I do have others I can listen to without skipping ANY songs. Not many more but I do.

I have hundreds of albums, most of which I wouldn't have bought unless I found it enjoyable from start to finish. But some of the most obvious ones are...

Metallica - Master Of Puppets
Metallica - Black Album
Nine Inch Nails - Pretty Hate Machine
Nine Inch Nails - The Downward Spiral
Marilyn Manson - AntiChrist Superstar
HIM - Razorblade Romance
Tool - Aenima
A Perfect Circle - Mer de Noms
Led Zeppelin - IV
The Cure -Disintegration
Nirvana - Nevermind
Nirvana - In Utero
Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream
Pearl Jam - Ten
Alice In Chains - Dirt
Collective Soul - Collective Soul
Live - Throwing Copper
Incubus - Make Yourself
Incubus - Morning View
Stabbing Westward - Darkest Days
Korn - Korn
Korn - Issues
Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory
Deftones - White Pony
Staind - Break The Cycle
White Zombie - Astro Creep 2000
Rob Zombie - Hellbilly Deluxe
Creed - Human Clay (seriously)
The Beatles - Revolver
The Beatles - Magical Mystery Tour

Core
Purple
both by Stone Temple Pilots

Ten
by Pearl Jam

Us and Them
by Shinedown

YES!!!

Escape The Fate-Dying is your latest fashion

Escape The fate-There's no sympathy for the dead.

Paramore-Riot

The Devil Wears Prada

Flogging Molly

# 12 looks like you

Atreyu

From First To Last

lots more.

Dark Side of the Moon - Pink Floyd, Blood Sugar Sex Magik - RHCP, Lateralus - Tool, Legend - Bob Marley

Just a few...

The Answer - Rise
The Black Crowes - Amorica
Black Stone Cherry - S/T
Crashdiet - Rest In Sleaze
Flesh and Blood - Blues For Daze
Gemini Five - Babylon Rockets
Guns N' Roses - Appetite For Destruction
Hardcore Superstar - S/T
Kiss - S/T
Kiss - Rock And Roll Over
Kiss - Ace Frehley ('78 solo album)
Motley Crue - Too Fast For Love
Motley Crue - S/T
New American Shame - S/T
The Poodles - Metal Will Stand Tall
Silvertide - Show And Tell
Skid Row - Slave To The Grind
Todd Snider - Step Right Up
Todd Snider - New Connection
John Sykes - Out Of My Tree
24K - Bulletproof
Tyketto - Don't Come Easy
Tyketto - Strength In Numbers
Vaughn - Soldiers And Sailors On Riverside
Vaughn - Fearless
Danny Vaughn - Traveller
Warrant - Dog Eat Dog
Wig Wam - Hard To Be A Rock'n'Roller... In Kiev
The Wildhearts - Earth Vs. The Wildhearts
The Wildhearts - The Wildhearts Must Be Destroyed
Wildside - Under The Influence
Young Heart Attack - Mouthful Of Love

See, I said just a few.

Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon. This is actually one that I only enjoy listening to straight through.

any Dave Matthews Band and pretty much all Red Hot Chili Peppers albums can be heard from track one to the end.

'Amorica' -- The Black Crowes. Not a bad note on it.

'Operation : Mindcrime' -- Queensryche. Best concept album ever, IMO.

'Tattoo You' -- Rolling Stones. Some sentimental aspects there, but I still think it's a great album.

'Unplugged' by KISS. Maybe this doesn't count, since it's not a studio release, but they really surprised me with this one. I thought they would fall on their face, but they chose the right songs, with the right arrangements, and every song they did just worked.

'Fumbling Toward Ecstacy' -- Sarah McLachlan. I like most of what she's done, but she has yet to come close to this. This is a masterpiece, and that's not a word I throw around casually when it comes to music.

'Welcome to the World' -- Psycho Motel. Off the radar gem.

Robin Thicke, D'angelo's Brown Sugar, the new Chuck Brown CD.

metallica's master of puppets album. if you like metal music, this is the greatest of them all.

all of breaking benjamin's cds
eighteen visions' self titled album
threat signal's "under reprisal"
adema's self titled and "unstable"
sonic syndicate's "only inhuman"
and a few more

Anything by Porcupine Tree
and Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd.

You are right, that is a hard thing made even harder in the iPod era. Still, I gotta figure out of the thousand plus I own, there have to be some that could qualify.

NIN - The Downward Spiral
Garbage - Garbage
Jane's Addiction - Nothing's Shocking
Anything by Rob Zombie/White Zombie or Mindless Self Indulgence - yes, they are that good
AFI - The Art of Drowning
Bad Religion - Stranger Than Fiction
Prick - self-titled - This was one of several acts that got involved with Trent's Nothing label during the mid-90's

I take it you didn't like Manic Compression as much. I actually think that one was slightly better than Slip but both could qualify for this. I was listening to Delusional last night, what a great sound!

I have many albums that I can listen to from start to finish. There are some older albums that are made to be listened to from start to finish because they tell a story: Tommy & Quadrophenia by The Who, The Wall by Pink Floyd, Operation Mindcrime--Queensryche. Seems lately not a lot of artists pay attention to song placement on albums as so many people buy individual songs rather than whole albums.

Back