can you get a cellphone signal booser for your home?

A

aaaaaa

Cell Phone Signal Boosters or Amplifiers.
I would say between 120-200$.
I don't have experience with them, but T-mobile has a really cool cell phone that works off Wi-FI. So when you are at home you just use wireless internet & when you leave that area it uses a normal cell phone signal. I don't know how good t-mobile is, but I think this may be an okay solution.

what are they called?
how much do they cost?

..here at my house i'm lucky to get one bar with the right network... thanks for your answers.

I don't have experience with them, but T-mobile has a really cool cell phone that works off Wi-FI. So when you are at home you just use wireless internet & when you leave that area it uses a normal cell phone signal. I don't know how good t-mobile is, but I think this may be an okay solution.

Their were manufacturers in the past that sold Antenna boosters and they were expensive...but wireless carriers like Verizon Wireless would not support them or say yea they work...because they probably didn't. You would place them under your battery. It wasn't actually the wireless carrier that produced them, it was people like Samsung.

Wireless carriers (some, but not all...mostly CDMA carriers have these) have things called repeaters. These repeaters are like mini towers that generally go on a tower that already has cellular signal, or on the corner of your home...like a satellite dish. What they do is grab signal that is already their (you must have a minimum of 1 bar...or your phone must at least get some kind of signal) and they make it stronger and they can turn signal going in one specific direction, and make it go in a different directions. They are technically considered cellular towers and require city approval as well as state and county approval.

Many carriers like Cingular or T-Mobile do not have and are not able to use repeaters due to their all GSM networks...hints why they have slightly poorer coverage. Mostly carriers like Verizon Wireless and Sprint use these. These repeaters will only boost the carriers signal they are meant for. A verizon repeater will only boost a verizon signal.

Also, carriers like Verizon and Sprint are reluctant to build and use these on private property and it can take years to get one approved. Some counties do not allow ANY repeaters to be used and the FCC limits the carriers on their use.

You will need to call a high end technical support department for your wireless carrier. You will need to follow proper procedures and have them troubleshoot your phone like normal (even if this will not help), then once they figure it is not your phones issue, they will look at coverage, if the map already displays poor or variable coverage, then you may instantly request them do something about it...ask all the options. If the map shows good or excellent coverage, they will first issue a trouble ticket and send a tech out to the area to troubleshoot and then give you a call back with their response. Then follow the all options approach I explained above.

**You will need to call them from a working phone other than your cell phone.

Their were manufacturers in the past that sold Antenna boosters and they were expensive...but wireless carriers like Verizon Wireless would not support them or say yea they work...because they probably didn't. You would place them under your battery. It wasn't actually the wireless carrier that produced them, it was people like Samsung.

Wireless carriers (some, but not all...mostly CDMA carriers have these) have things called repeaters. These repeaters are like mini towers that generally go on a tower that already has cellular signal, or on the corner of your home...like a satellite dish. What they do is grab signal that is already their (you must have a minimum of 1 bar...or your phone must at least get some kind of signal) and they make it stronger and they can turn signal going in one specific direction, and make it go in a different directions. They are technically considered cellular towers and require city approval as well as state and county approval.

Many carriers like Cingular or T-Mobile do not have and are not able to use repeaters due to their all GSM networks...hints why they have slightly poorer coverage. Mostly carriers like Verizon Wireless and Sprint use these. These repeaters will only boost the carriers signal they are meant for. A verizon repeater will only boost a verizon signal.

Also, carriers like Verizon and Sprint are reluctant to build and use these on private property and it can take years to get one approved. Some counties do not allow ANY repeaters to be used and the FCC limits the carriers on their use.

You will need to call a high end technical support department for your wireless carrier. You will need to follow proper procedures and have them troubleshoot your phone like normal (even if this will not help), then once they figure it is not your phones issue, they will look at coverage, if the map already displays poor or variable coverage, then you may instantly request them do something about it...ask all the options. If the map shows good or excellent coverage, they will first issue a trouble ticket and send a tech out to the area to troubleshoot and then give you a call back with their response. Then follow the all options approach I explained above.

**You will need to call them from a working phone other than your cell phone.

Back