Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

I dont have a blueRay drive but i have a program with blueray codecs dled. Can my pc

dvd drive read BlueRay?

i have no blueray hardware, but i have a regular dvd drive in my pc. I found a site that allowed me to download a program with a blueray player along with HD dvd and blueray codecs. Now my question is, if i pop in a blue ray dvd in my pc dvd drive, will i be able to view the Blueray movie???

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sadly nope.

It's because codecs only allow you to play the media IT CAN READ. So this means EVEN if you have a blueray drive, you can't play the movie because you need the codecs.

Now the opposite is still true, even if you have the codecs required but you don't have the blue ray drive. Then how can you even start to browse/read the blue ray disc?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sadly nope.

It's because codecs only allow you to play the media IT CAN READ. So this means EVEN if you have a blueray drive, you can't play the movie because you need the codecs.

Now the opposite is still true, even if you have the codecs required but you don't have the blue ray drive. Then how can you even start to browse/read the blue ray disc?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sadly nope.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sadly nope.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sadly nope.