Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    benji

Buying a new laptop...?

Okay, I know there are a lot of similar questions on here so I'll be brief:
    I'm looking at getting the HP Pavilion tx1418ca or another model very close to that one. Anyone heard anything bad about it? (like is my processor going to explode 1 day after the warranty expires, etc.)
    Or are there any similar and better laptops on the market that anyone's come across?

Thanks ~ Benji

angela q
    I love my HP. Really user friendly, alot of personalization options, Mine has Windows vista, intol centrino duo and lightscribe. I reccomend buying at Costco, they have a great electronics return policy and they have mark downs constantly

renee
    um i have an hp like that and it tends to overheat. and it is SO loud, the fan i mean. try going a little bit smaller and when you look into them check out

overheating possibilities
    battery life
    if the touchpad has a scroll bar
    size
    whether or not the ability to pick up internet is in the computer, or if you have to buy a seperate usb to get it.

dad
    Don't buy a laptop at all. With today's competing market, your machine will become obsolete within two years; do yourself a favor and save that money, invest it in a super-robot. It doesn't matter what lap-top you get, it will be garbage next year.

renee
    um i have an hp like that and it tends to overheat. and it is SO loud, the fan i mean. try going a little bit smaller and when you look into them check out

battery life
    size
    whether or not the ability to pick up internet is in the computer, or if you have to buy a seperate usb to get it.

renee

battery life
    size

Downloads
    Uploads
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGCo52juSYw

protoham
    I have a HP Pavillion, works great. I bought it as a re-certified unit from newegg. It did have a problem, when I got it, it ran hot, sent it to HP, they fixed it and it runs great now.

Andy
    You could look up in ebay or craiglist i sure it have and cheap price

Downloads
    Uploads
    I dunno, but I have a Dell Inspiron and I like it for the most part!! And it's easy to get help when you call Dell!!