Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    emmy
    um, well, that is what i have, it can be very conveinient and fast and all, but sometimes it can be a pain, i would go with cable

Pip S
    its not necessarily better, just more easy to work with if you're working around the house and take your computer places with you. adsl and cable are just different versions of internet, and then on top of that, you have either a phone line plugged into your computer or a wireless connection where you can roam around. i like wireless... easier to sit on the couch and do work!

gonzo
    Yes, because wireless you can use anywhere

Downloads
    Uploads
    well if you have a laptop the for sure cause you can take use it anywhere in your home and you cant do that with cable and dsl

Francisco A
    it depends

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sometimes it makes a difference and other times it doesn't it matters on what type of service or company you're getting it from. One great upsides of wireless internet is you can use it anywhere without and annoying blue cord.

Shawn R
    Not sure I understand the question, but here goes.

Cable and DSL are internet service provider methods, i.e. how you get to the internet. Wireless internet is how you connect to an internet service provider (i.e. Cable or DSL). Generally, you connect your wireless router to cable or DSL. Some cable and DSL providers provide wireless routers that also do your connection to the internet.

There are some ways to get wireless internet without being a cable or DSL subscriber. They include surfing a free hotspot, connecting to your neighbours DSL/cable (not recommended), or using some other wireless service like Wi-Max or EVDO. These last two are relatively rare, and pretty expensive. So, I'm thinking you didn't have those in mind.

So, long story short, most people have either cable or DSL *and* wireless internet access. HTH

Edit: Just read your edit. If you are connected with a cable, you are not using wireless. You are connected to either Cable or DSL using a wired internet connection.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yea if you are plain on using it around the house

Mark H
    it depends really because with cables you are restricted to where you can move to and the wires can get broken and could be dangerous because of the loose wires hanging around
    but with wireless its free of all the loose wires, you can move around the house without worrying about loosing connection, and you can also connect more than one computer at the same time without buying extra materials.
    but with wireless you can also loose signal strength because metal objects draw the radio waves away from the router and it is also easier for people to hack your internet connection.

so basically it depends what you use the computer for and how you want to use the computer

~*cRuShCrUsHcRuSh*~ ^_^
    Uhm, DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast