Hilary Duff is featured on the May 2008 edition of Allure Magazine. The photoshoot was inspired by the 1967 film Bonnie and Clyde, and had Hilary Duff wearing designer clothes and in makeup modeled after Faye Dunaway’s from the movie. The makeup was minimal, because (the make-up artist says): "Hilary’s a gorgeous girl. I wanted that to come through." You can see a slideshow of the Allure shoot here.
The title of the Hilary Duff story in Allure is "Good to the Bone". The interview and article look at Hilary’s more adult roles in films, and how Hilary has to balance growing up with her fan base. Is Hilary worried about alienating her fans?
"I don’t want to restrict myself from doing things that stimulate me just to make them happy…if they continue liking me, that’s cool, but I don’t want to cater to them. I’m not 13, 14, or 15 anymore."
Hilary Duff may not feel at home on the red carpet, but she has lived most of her life in the lime light, ad admits that it’s hard to find people in Hollywood who don’t feel "like they’re in competition with you." That aside, Hilary Duff does open up about some of her Hollywood peers like Lindsay Lohan, Miley Cyrus and Avril Lavigne:
On Lindsay Lohan:
"Supposedly, I stole Lindsay Lohan’s boyfriend [Aaron Carter.] We were, like, 13! And I’ve never stolen anyone’s boyfriend! I don’t know how you do that! . . . She was talking about it and I wasn’t. It made us both look bad and put up a big weirdness. Really she was just a girl my age. We are fine now, by the way."
On Miley Cyrus:
"We don’t have each other’s phone numbers. But when she meets me, she’s excited. It’s cute – I see a lot of myself in her."
On Avril Lavigne:
"I said something about how she didn’t like her fans dressing like her, and how she should appreciate that because it’s a compliment. She called me a goody-goody [Lavigne called Duff a ‘mommy’s girl’ in Newsweek] Everyone is trying to prove who they are, and their position. So, I’m ‘the good girl.’ She’s ‘the bad girl’ or ‘the party girl.’ Sarah Jessica Parker doesn’t take her clothes off, but she’s not a ‘good girl.’ [Adult actors] don’t get tagged like we do."
Here is a video segment from E! about this story:

Screencap: E! Tags: hilary duff, hilary duff allure, allure magazine, magazine, lindsay lohan, miley cyrus, hilary duff interview
Share This

</img>
</img> </img> </img> </img> </img> </img> </img> </img>
</img>