Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    sweeperchick

I think my fish has fin rot?

I don't think I've ever asked so many questions about my fish before...

I posted a couple days ago (or something like that) because I thought my betta, Rodney, might have ich. I saw some white on the base of his head, but after debating with a friend whose fish had ich before, we decided it wasn't.

Now I'm afraid of fin rot. I don't remember what Rodney's fins looked like before...I should've been more observant, I know. But (I think they're called the pectoral fins, the ones right under his gills?) now there seems to be a white discoloration at the base of his pectoral fins (sorry if I'm wrong on the terminology). Also, the tips of his fins, which are a blue/purple color, are almost transparent. I can barely see the little lines that run through, unless I am staring at him intently.

He's also been getting cranky lately. He flared up at me when I fed him today, and he never does that.

His tail fins are fine, still long, not frayed or torn or anything.

Please help!

MeganChrista
    My fish had fin rot. He's not a beta, but I think it pretty much works the same in most fish. I just bought some of that medicine at the pet store that's specifically for fin rot - it worked really well!! Good luck!