in your opinion, what country has the best vineyards?

In China...china has many vineyards in Sinkiang...in northwest of china..There is a beautiful place.

whites? Germany, Mosel
Reds? Burgundy or Rhone, France
Sparkling? Champagne of course, France

depends on red or white, personally i like south african white wine, nice

darling just ask me!!
the best wine is made in greece!!
don't believe it??well,come over and try it...you'll see!!
when i look out of my window i see vineyards and the locals make their own,which we have plenty of!!
♥
see ya in greece!!

Beyond a doubt, the best wines originate in the western cape of South Arica. I am not just saying this out of loyalty to my neighbouring country, but after having French wines, sampling Califorinian wines (generally the biggest crud I have tasted), South American and australian (which is a close second) I have concluded thus.

Many countries have good wine. I like the fruitiness of Spanish wines. So that is my choice. If I were into port, I'd say Ohio. Chablis, I'd say France. It all depends on the wine you like.

in each country all over the world, except for those very cold countries, you can find excellent, good, and bad vine

My choice would be Red wines from Sonoma, Napa, or the Russian River areas... Bouquet is great, strong flavors and very good endings. We have tried wines (Reds) from other areas including other states, Australia, France, etc. and we have found that most do not have good strong finishes even though the bouquet may be very enticing- just comes out flat at the end... California wines have much better finishes which adds to the experience of drinking the wine...

For young reds (pinotage, malbec and Merlot) you cant go wrong with Argentina or South Africa.

For All Other Reds look to France and the old growth vineyards.

For Crisp fruity young whites go for Australia

For Sharp stunning classic Chardonnay and bubbly its got to be France.

For cheep en cheerful reds look to Bulgaria
For budget whites with quality try NZ.

Hope this helps!

Ps...American wines tend to suck... A few of the smaller less commercial vineyard in Virginia have some stunning wines but you never find them on the shelves!

Back