Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    IVY4-Of-15-Pearls

torrents??? help.please.?

Im trying to download psp thru. i downloaded the torrent and i have utorrent to open it. why dos it take solong? what are seeders and leechers? the file im trying to get only has 2 seeders. what does this mean?

Downloads
    Uploads
    seeders are how many people ur getting the file from, leechers are how many people are downloading it. so naturally u want to download a torrent with many seeders and very few leechers, this will download faster.

Downloads
    Uploads
    utorrent is a good program thats what i use. seeders/leechers are uploaders/downloaders the more seeders there are the faster your download will go..the more leechers there are the slower it goes.. 2 seeders means their are two uploaders which is why its going pretty damn slow. and keep in mind these are torrents..torrents take time. i just downloaded all the simpsons episodes and it took me well over a month..it takes patience..try to find a download with more seeders than leechers .. and if you still dont know what a seeder is let the download finish in utorrent and u will see it say 100% seeding

nerkaman
    Google Wikipedia and lookup Bittorrent.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It means that only 2 people are sharing the file your downloading. Most good files have anywhere from 50-1000 seeders. The way torrents work are someone who has 80% of the file "seeds" or shares the first 50% to someone who doesn't have it. But he only seeds a small portion of his bandwidth, however if there are 50 people sharing a small portion the leechers can get ample download speed. Try to use a different torrent if the speed does not improve. The more popular the torrent and the website you got it from the faster it will go.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Seeders are people that have the entire file leechers are people that are trying to get the file and are generally supposed to share the file as well. If there is a bad ratio of seeders to leechers then it may take a long time to download. Another thing is there are people that try to poison torrents its a good idea to get something like peer guardian 2 in order to block these people
    http://phoenixlabs.org/pg2/
    poisoning a torrent is kinda like providing false bits of data so that you download it then when your pc checks it it has to retry to find the file to download it again. It also blocks govt sites the RIAA and anti p2p people.

Another thing is your upload speed directly effects how efficient your dll is. Generally you want to keep it at 15 percent lower then your actual max speed so your not chocking your torrent speeds IE mine is somewhere around 210Kb/s and i keep mine at roughly 187Kb/s. As a rule of thumb when torrenting you also want to share at least as much as you have dlled personally i stick with a 10:1 ratio (upload 10 times as much as Ive downloaded) But most people stick with 2:1 or 1:1 ratio. Generally you only want to be uploading and downloading one file at a time as to not be crippling your speeds also.

Downloads
    Uploads
    download bitcomet its better
    seeders are people that are sharing the file
    leechers are people downloading the file

mikey
    It means that there are only 2 people who have complete versions of what you are trying to download. The more seeders there are the better.
    Leechers are people like yourself, attempting to download the file. Sometimes, having a lot of leechers can be a good thing. They will have parts of the file that you do not, however, this only helps you if they are choosing to upload and download at the same time. Some people are greedy and don't upload, or upload the absolute minimum that they can while downloading what they want.

Basically though, the more seeds, the better.