Please be honest. I am 15 and the main character is 15 or 16 ( i have not decided)

I cried as I looked down at my phone, the article I was reading blew my mind. I could not believe what I had done, I had not realized I was even capable of doing something like this. I began to read the third paragraph, when my phone rang. It was my mom.
"Hey, mom.." I trailed off at that. I knew I was still grounded, yet I had walked out of my house.

"How DARE you leave the house without my permission, you are not even ALOUD out of this house, Kate!" My mom screamed in my ear.

"Okay, okay. I am on my way home now ma." I heard a distant *click* and knew she'd hung up, satisfied that she'd won.

I was fourteen at the time, and not exactly popular. I had many friends, just not enough to be considered the "p-word" as my group called it. I was pudgy and very nerdy. My entire life revolved around books. Had I not been pudgy and nerdy, I still would have loved books, I am very antisocial. Can you blame me? High school sucks. Why would I want to socialize with back stabbing 'queen bees' and jerky jocks? Even though I was only a Freshman, I knew high school sucked. I never trust anyone. I grew up not trusting people.

All I ever wanted out of my life was to be an author. I loved writing. My family, however, was not all for my idea of being an author. They supported me, but also encouraged me to have a more 'stable' job to fall back on. I knew they were right, I just did not want to admit it.