I think yes. My extended family has been taking a trip out to the same remote place every summer/fall to spend time together for as long as I can remember. However, it just was not the same this year. For as long as I can remember, the place we stayed has never had television, cell phone service, or wireless internet available for patrons. This time, however, everything changed. It seems enough people complained about the lack of ammenities for them to outfit the wilderness resort with TV's, wifi, and cell phone service.

Long story short, I feel like the whole "family vacation" has been ruined. All of my family members were either watching some pointless BS on television, messing around on the internet, or texting other people. There really was no time to actually enjoy being with everyone.

Anyway, it just ticks me off that technology had to ruin the only time I got to spend with family. It used to be perfect in years past when we could all get out of town, and have nothing to do but spend time together. Those days are long gone.