So my boyfriend and I have been together for almost 2 months now, and at first it was great, but now I feel like saying "I love you" is a chore, and that being happy around him is forced. He's a great guy, but he complains about work almost everyday, saying how he wants to quit, or how much he hates what he does, etc. Normally I would just ignore something like that, but I am currently unemployed, so it irritates me that he would want to throw his job away just because the customers are rude, or because his boss is rude. That's what life is!

Things have gotten to the point where I've stopped texting him or taking his calls. I just don't feel happy anymore.

It would be easy to tell him that I want a break, except I love his family, and he got me a diamond pendant for Christmas. I would feel awful, and I wouldn't know what to do with the necklace if I broke up with him.

I would really appreciate some insight on this. I know I need to talk to him and address these issues, but I'm not sure how.