I'm 17 and I've been depressed for 2 years now. I've always wanted to like be an actor, whether it's on stage or infront of a camera, it didn't matter. I've always wondered, why did I want to be an actor? My answer is that I want to escape reality, I want to act like someone that I'm not and be like that person. It's my answer of escaping from this boring and bland reality.

Nearly everyday I wake up and go to school, something that doesn't interest me at all. The concept of that is fine, I'll do it since it's necessary, the fact that I'm learning all these things just to forget it in the next year and move on to the next thing and having learnt all this information for absolutely no reason, because when you graduate high school and you're in college or university and you are selecting your courses, the things you've learn will have little to no relevance to what you are learning now.

Also it's just baffles me how so many people end up with a carrier they just dread. Like why are you doing something you don't want to do? Just so you can make money and have nice things? My philosophy is that if you're doing something that you don't like, you're pretty much serving time in a prison cell. The prison cell is the size of the area you are in 99% of the time.

I don't believe nice things will bring you happiness, I hate the idea of this materialistic world that we live in. I know people who buys ridiculously expensive clothing just for the brand of it. I ask them why are they spending $70 dollar on this t-shirt when you can buy a very similar one that looks exactly the same, other than the logo which only costs $10. They tell me because it's the brand, and it looks better and nicer, but in reality it's pretty much the same thing.

What happens on this puny little rock has no affect or any relevance to the ever lasting, vast universe we live in. We just live on this tiny rock and we just so happen to be alive just by a fluke of chance that our planet so happens to sustain life and our ancestor survived and evolved to what humans are today.

This last reason is the one I despise the most out of every problem that I have with our world. We live in a world where each generation imagination and creativity is suppressed by our current education system. When you ask someone what they want to be when they're older, it's like a bothersome thing to ask, since many people do not know what they want to do with their life. The reason for that is because we're brainwashed to believe that we have to do certain jobs that pay well and that's what we'll have to do and so will our children, if you so happen to have any. One side of us is saying, "hey I like to do this one thing but it doesn't seem like a viable choice for me because it most likely will never happen and it will not provide for me financially." The other side says, "I should probably go and be a business man or doctor because they get paid a ton load of money, and money will make me happy because money will buy me nice things, and that's what I will ever need". This system is implemented so that the country that we live in can industrialize, and if this system works why change it? It doesn't affect them, we're just puppets and they pull our strings, and we'll abide senselessly.

Can someone give me insight to what's the point of living, and no religious answers please...