For the past couple weeks or so, I've had these weird dreams. They are about these weird supernatural beings that come around my house. The dreams always start the same- I get out of bed and go to let my dogs outside to go to the bathroom. When I try the doorknob, it locks up on its own and that's when things start getting horrific. These beings start ramming into the sides of my house and the "leader" of them all is a demon who gets into my house somehow despite all the doors and windows being locked. I don't remember much of the dreams after that. What happens in these dreams is never the same except the way they start and the supernatural beings freaking me out. I've had dreams of this nature about 4 times by now and I'm starting to become afraid of the doorknob to my back door because that's the one that always locks up when I try to open it.

I know that this is just a dream and it's not real, but why do I keep having dreams of this nature even though they aren't really recurring and just have the same subject matter?